Why we will never find the meaning to life.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DjBubbleFizPop, Jun 5, 2015.

1. I have done a lot of pondering on this subject both stoned and sober. For so long I have felt as though I am missing something in life and up until I smoked (about 3 years ago) I found what I was missing. Curiosity! Curiosity on life, space, and the meaning of everything. Well not so much the meaning but just "why" yknow? Picture a fish in a fish bowl. The fish bowl is it's existence, it's it's everything. It's space. The fish was born in the bowl and that's all it knows. We are mere fish in a bowl and that is why we will never be able to answer any philosophical question about the big picture. We can't go back to the beginning just like the fish. Basically to sum up, our existence begs the question "why?" And we answer why by answering where everything came from. But our existence came into play AFTER everything. I don't think humans matter. But what "matters?" Matters is nothing but a human concept. Welp, this was my first post, leave your thoughts. Stay smokin!

2. We're just two lost souls swimmin in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground. What have we found?
    The same old fears.

3. I think that you are right. Instincts (food,sex, etc.) aside, what matters is a human concept. The great thing about this is that it allows us to apply our own meaning. For instance, I get extreme gratification from the relationships that I have. I also receive lots of gratification from attempting to learn as much as I can about the Universe. These are two things out of MANY that give my life meaning. In other words, it's not that we'll never find the meaning of life. It's closer to the fact that I already have. 

4. Wish you were here.....

5. Can you please elaborate?

6. That's really all I had to say

7. Ha^ What else is left, hmmm....?  

The perfect puzzle is ours individually to solve.

8. They're song lyrics, mate... Do u evn floyd?

9. The meaning of life is experienced in seeing all that this life is.

10. life advances into its own meaning/purpose; the experience of its own existence.

11. i can respect them but I'm usually into faster stuff. Clutch and whatnot..

12. To clear things up I wasn't asking what the meaning of life was, I was sharing an analogy, an example, (the fish bowl) something that can be related to why we won't find the meaning of space or any existence whatsoever.

13. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

14. Depends on whether you think there are ways to break through or not....if we have a part of ourselves that goes beyond the physical. Some do, some don't. Life can have meaning either way... We share a common kind of consciousness, yet base things off our own experiences.

15. But I don't really mean personal life I meant he human race as a whole. Are we special because we are smart? Are we even smart? We have a 2 percent DNA difference from monkeys and we see them as stupid animals. But that's off topic.

16. #16 Deleted member 281310, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    what if the fish gets thrown down the drain? down the rabbit hole we call it here on earth. so now we're rabbits. of course we are horny like rabbits. And i remember when i was young i would hear people say eating carrots was good for your eyes. I'm not sure if that's true.

Anyway meaning is subjective and is only attained through personal motivation to acquire it. Meaning that we make our meaning as much as i just made this sentence or bees make honey. Because without meaning we start to lose ourselves and in essence suffer spiritual death. What do we wish to gain from interacting with existence?

By the way thanks for those lyrics Lenny i needed that album right now.

17. There's book learning and then there's common sense.......Humans are woefully inadequate in the common sense form of intelligence. Does it make sense to kill in the name of a god? etc, I mean that's some basic shit........As far as all that type goes, no, I do not consider the human very evolved in intelligence at all.

18. Agreed.

19. #19 AnarchoBuddhist, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    That's kind of what I think in a way. Except, although we don't seem to have a "meaning", I think since the way certain aspects of physics along with organisms in general work is either in unison (physics) or in cooperation (organisms) most of the time; thus helping one another, being cooperative, loving one another, sharing, etc is maybeee "the right thing to be doing." Who knows, I'm ripped and thats what I've been thinking about for the last month. Another hypothesis I have is that the universe is just apart of some other huge thing or maybe even an "organism" or some aware...thing lol and that thing...is a good...thing?

20. What you need is a spiritual awakening & you will find your own answers.