So what do you believe in? :)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Daedric-Poison, Jun 5, 2015.

1. I always mention this. I was atheist until I saw a dancing being with glittery fractal moving skin, and vibrated in messages of all my bad deeds, and asked for me to rethink my future so that I may have a peaceful death instead of a grief (wrong word I think) death...
    Someone said it was hinduism, whatever it is, I'm changing foe the better.

2. Thats very interesting. Ive never had any mystical experience of any kind, my belief comes from reasonably justified dialogues with myself. I came to the conclusion there is an absolute of absolutes, an infinite potential. I dont claim to have answers to the resultant fundamental question though.

My questions arent the "who am i" "why am i here" etc, but rather what is the extent of my potential? Am i limited? If so, why? If not, how can actualize my potential?

3. Smoke weed everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. But to actually sum up my beliefs in words: I am I

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beliefs come and go, Knowing is something else.

6. I'm not sure what I believe, although I do theorise things I could believe in like:

We're all spiritually connected, in some way or somehow we are all riding the same wave of the universe, or we create the universe as we live and breathe, me typing this right now and you reading it could be contributing to keeping the wave flowing.

Or, this is all an illusion but we have no way of waking up from it, thus if we do the universe could collapse, maybe that's what happens when we die?

Thanks for taking your time to read and I hope you's don't think I've lose my marbles or something hahaha but I'm always going to be open to different beliefs, even religious ones, I'll never turn a blind eye to a belief because each of our beliefs could compile into the true answer, or something along those lines haha ️

7. I believe that in the face of the unknown, what really matters is that we make our own meaning in the known.

That is to say, it doesn't matter if there is a God or not. It doesn't matter if we are holograms, or a self realization of a divine entity, or batteries in the matrix.

What matters is that we do what we know is right. Help others because we would want to be helped. Have fun because you might not be able tto later. Do what you can in this world, oft humanity, for life, so we can all get our shot at happiness

-yuri

8. I believe in life and science if you believe in mythical sky creatures I pity you [​IMG]

9. Hell, most of the time I don't even
    believe in myself.

So nothing, as far as religious or
    spiritual beliefs.

10. #30 zouroff, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    I believe that we are own Gods we are made from star dust, the sun is God in my eyes And we have 7 chakras of light making the white light which is God light and depending on how much we grow our consciousness and souls in this life time, will depend on we're we go when we die who knows maybe earth is hell and we came here for sinning in a past life, and in order to go to a more godly loving planet we must first learn to love all and connect more to the higher self with in

11. Faith in something is intangible. Some of us as children once believed in Santa, Easter Bunny etc. It's my belief that religions were constructed for crowd control and later morphed into pulpits of power, greed and corruption. Organized religion in America is now a billion dollar industry. If you in your heart believe in something then to you its real and that's all that should really matter. Not what some ultra conservative zealot is preaching to you. The big question to me isn't "is there a God", its " will I live long enough to see science fully debunk the concepts of higher powered entities.

12. You're 100% right on that! What do you think would happen to society if religion or 'higher powered entities' did get debunked with science?

Do you think it would be possible to ever make contact with a higher powered entities and in a way could that become a sense of a realistic religion?

13. Thats a great question Michaelllll. I'm more of a chaos theory guy and a complete atheist however if we discovered another society on another plant that was way more advanced than us then yes to a certain degree I think they may be viewed as Gods by some. I'd like to point out however that Steven Hawkins mentioned in a book recently that he believes that any extraterrestrial visit here would result in the end of our existence. They won't be showing up as a galactic welcoming wagon as much as species killers

15. LOL if I'm not mistaken the universe, world, and us humans work best when we live in harmony with each other..that is, helping, loving....together we must achieve great feats. So, a civilization capable of space travel, who must have realized this notion...would now want to boost it's ego by killing off any known planets alpha species? I hope you're joking lol

16. Lol who knows for sure. I would think that no other species from any other planet would want anything to do with our violent asses. We kill each other frequently for greed, power, wealth, god, land, and the list goes on. If there was an alien race technologically advanced enough to travel huge distances thru space I would think they would also possess the power to observe us without us knowing. It wouldn't take long imo before they scribbled us off the intergalactic planet party list.

17. I like the optimism but who is to say some governments or defense organizations dont have such capabilities and keep them from the population? Assumin that is the case, i doubt they use primative fuel source, so admitting an efficient alternative ould upset the paradigm and petro dollars hegemony. Who knows.

18. #38 retired2014, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    If there is a god, or gods, or whatever, we do not have good evidence of them. Everything in the universe is composed of the same basic elements, including us. The difference between us and a rock is nothing more than having a different combination of those elements. We are a tiny piece of the universe that has become self aware using these elements, and we are still in the midst of trying to discover our surroundings, just like a small human child. As we grow more will be discovered and revealed to us.

19. I believe in all things possible.

20. I do believe in God, I'm Catholic :)