Helions Autumn Attic Adventure

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by helion, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Looking sweet man keep it up.

2. Very healthy, should be a good grow! :)

3. Lookin good so far helion 😆

4. Thanks everyone, im scared of transplanting into my smart pots though, I really don't want to mess up the roots. I have heard that I should have the soil moist but not wet before i do it. Have the stalk between my middle fingers with my other hand grasping the bottom of the pot and in one smooth motion flip it upside down into my palm... I just want to give the plant another week and a half to make sure its roots are stable enough for that action. Probably wait another week and two more waterings. What do you guys think?

5. If your worried then w8 a week

6. Dude I was hella nervous my first time. Here were my thoughts immediately after the first one... Omg I think I killed it. Dirt everywhere. Looks like a massacre.
    Everything turned out fine.

Things I would change. Let the dirt dry a little so it's a tighter clump... Take a paper plate and cut a small slot from outside to the middle to fit the stem, then grip like planned. This will fill the gaps in your fingers and hopefully prevent dirt so spilling.

Once I got the plant in the hole and started filling in the dirt, I used my fingers and gently fingerbanged the root ball to slightly break it up. (Basically wiggling my fingers like a flamboyant finger wave)

Definitely give them a drink after

You can plant them a little deeper in the put to even then out our just to get rid of excess stem at the bottom.

Hope this helped.

Act like you got a beard! lol

7. I waited till the roots started poking of of the bottom holes in their containers. I think I transplanted then 2 or 3 days after I saw the first root in the bottom. When I moved then, the roots has just started to circle the bottom 1" of the container. I think it was perfect timing. I wrote some stuff in my journal about it

9. Hey Helion!

Babies are looking good dude, they grow up fast huh?!

When it comes to transplanting, you want your soil to be moist, so maybe 2-3 days after their last watering would be pretty good. You definitely need to make sure you can see a few roots in each of the drainage holes. I have learned that you can let your plants get pretty far in small pots before Transplanting, just leads to more explosive root growth.

I have a clone that has been in a 1 gal for about 2 and a half weeks now, roots are starting to circle the bottom but I'm going to give her another 2 weeks in there at least. I'll take some pics for you when I get home from work.

Better safe than sorry, if the roots get a little damaged during transplant it is totally okay. I score my roots on purpose to promote new root growth as a matter of fact.

10. Too wet of soil during transplant can make it difficult, but too dry and the soil can crumble and fall apart. I made that mistake before and it seemed half of the soil from the original pot was going. All over the plant, roots torn... no issues though. The plant recovered quite well. Everyone has given pretty good advice so I'm mostly supporting them.

11. I'm having trouble loading all of the pages prior in the grow. It's not your grow specifically, I think it's a site issue.

Anyway is there any chance you can get your carbon filter up top in the tent? Mostly for the heat rising and air to be pulled from up there and out.

12. I can definitely try to mount it, but I was trying to keep the weight strain to a minimum, its a pretty big filter :( also its not hot on the top, as thats where the ac ducts blow cold air in at, its hottest under the light...

13. I see it now. I'm so used to cool air coming from the bottom of the tent and raising up as it gets hot, going past the plants and lights, then being drawn out at the top. For reference the poles in the tents don't seem very strong, but they usually can handle a carbon filter. My 4x4x7 tent is holding a XML 350, Sun Series 200, P300, and my carbon filter. Plus a few branches that got too heavy lol. That's between 40 and 50 lbs usually in total. I just hung the carbon filter near a corner pole where most of the weight would be transferred through the support there and not the middle of a horizontal pole.

BUT! If it works for you it works :) Just offering suggestions, definitely not requirements.

14. Howdy helion

15. #316 helion, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    Man I don't trust anything that's manufactured in China lol. Even if the corner reinforcements are metal. I don't want my house catching fire because of a collapsed tent so I'm going to play it safe and only have the cool tube hung from it. The negative pressure adds a bit of strain too. If it works don't fix it right haha. I appreciate your advice though, I'm glad you are here watching me [​IMG].

Hey Dutty what's up. Gonna be transplanting soon probably Monday. After a Friday night watering. Pics soon. Gonna wait till they are a foot tall from the base of the soil to start flowering.

I bought a new analog timer for flowering since the old one would not turn the light on sometimes. I have the new one on my hps for my herbs in the kitchen and it seems to be working just fine.

Going to switch bulbs from MH to HPS for the flip. Going with an eye hortilux bulb. Also purchasing nutes soon as I get paid.

16. Right on man. Can't wait for the pics brother.

17. #318 helion, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    Day 19

So FP seemed really thirsty today...her pot felt the lightest of the three. LSD appeared thirsty as well, with the pot being light but not quite as light as the FP. PC looked a bit less thirstier than the other two, and her pot felt about half as light as the FP's did. I think this is due to her having less roots. I'm going to wait until I wake up to water her.

Tiny spot of nute burn on the FP as well? Its only that one tiny spot. Watered FP and LSD thoroughly with pH 6.88 distilled water. I hope they perk back up.

PC stinks like a skunk, the most pungent of the three. LSD also stinks like a skunk but mixed with pine, a bit less strong of a scent than the PC. FP smells like straight up sweet pine, strength of smell being comparable to the LSD.

They are getting bushier, with the internode branches coming out too. Im gonna just give them until day 30 until I flip them to flower. I want to wait until...

1.) They take the up canning well.
    2.) They are about 1 foot tall from the top of the soil. This will have them (hopefully) finishing right at 18 inches below the light.

FP-Back
    PC-Right
    LSD-Left

I notice that the PC looks a bit lighter of a shade than the other three plants. Thoughts?

oie_9153630263HXmSX.jpg

oie_9153830BDrM0sjU.jpg

oie_91540173O3FlRTE.jpg

oie_9154433vL7GCRv.jpg

oie_9154512F0P3zIQ1.jpg

oie_9154617C1f71Wap.jpg

18. And so it's starting. There about to go nuts I bet.

19. I hope so. Placing my order for the FF soil nutes and eye hortilux enhanced spectrum HPS bulb tomorrow. Up canning to the 5 gal. smart pots Saturday. Im getting really excited because everytime I look at them it seems they have gotten so much bigger... and so quickly...