1st vape Firefly Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Tom-Bombadil, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Considering buying a Firefly for my first vape. Used to be a pipe man, never really enjoyed the weak anxiety inducing high that I got from vapes (specifically MFLB), but after doing some reading I'm thinking vapes could potentially give me that body high I enjoy. Also taste and aroma is important to me, so I'm thinking of going with the Firefly. Thoughts?
    Also would it be safe or a good idea to buy one off of eBay/amazon rather than its official site?

Much thanks, Bombadil

2. I might also mention I don't do well anything too... "convenient" (so pens = a bad idea for me)

3. #3 lwien, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015

[​IMG]

But..........if you want to give up a bit of taste, and I'm assuming you want a portable, check into the Mighty or Crafty for that body high you're looking for. 

If you don't want to give up either taste or body high and willing to give up a bit of stealthiness, check out the MiniVap.

4. #4 Tom-Bombadil, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    Awesome, thanks for the input friend. I will look into the mini vap

5. Because I smoke Indicas, the body high is important. Will the FF not give me any of that? (I.e. An MFLB high) Design wise i prefer the FF and the crafty looking like it's made of plastic kind of throws me off

6.  the firefly has a cool design, but in actual use, i found the flowermate slightly better. if i was gonna drop for firefly i might just drop more and get a mighty.

Apples and oranges.     

If I was a session vaporist, I'd get the Mighty.
    If I was a one hit and quit vaporist, I'd get the FireFly.

They're both great vapes in what each of them do best but they are not equal in either of those regards.

8. #8 hitops, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
    You should be able to get a body high with the FF or MFLB using a indica strain known for that most are but not all. Maybe your surfing to or maintaining the wrong temp? My friend had a problem like this. He was not getting & maintaining a high enough temperature to get the added sedation from the cannabinoids that come at higher temps. Have you tried a vaporizer that lets you lock in a temperature & auto maintains it while on say at eh 400 to 415 F ? Even 390ish F should do. The ability to do this takes away a ton of user error when seeking a certain type of effect & eliminates the risk of combustion by preventing taking temp too high. Between the FF & Mighty for myself. I would choose the FF for flavour & versatility meaning the whole spectrum of temperatures sets are available to me via surfing. Oh the flavour can be soo soo good with the FF.  I would choose the Mighty no scratch that I hate it's design plastic yuk something else flowermate v5.0s or something with glass path with a thermostat for max control over temp if I was unsure in my surfing ability with the FF that's about it. At the end of the day I would be holding the FF surfing away.   

Edit The FF will be stronger than the MFLB due to it's larger battery more available power. Just something to keep in mind you can surf to higher temps with it due to it's internal design also.

9. If you're looking for a body high then I'd recommend you look at some of the butane vapes;

Direct hit (Hit on demand with no vapor loss)

Lotus with J/hook/waterpipe
    VG
    Daisy
    Lily

Session type

Hammer Pro
    Vapman

All of the vapes I've mentioned will give you a body high, the Lotus via the WPA has imo the best taste out of them all and is very pure.

10. I have no direct experience with the Firefly vape, but it received a not recommended from Torontovape.

Check out the review from you tube and the firefly thread over on FC. the FF would be under portable vaporizer.

11. Did they give a reason why they don't recommend the FF? Just curious because there are many satisfied users over at FC.

12. After much thought and a lot of reading, I've decided to go with the Firefly. I'll be picking it up this week, and I'll post the results :)
    Big thank you to everyone who replied, I appreciate your input

Cheers, Bombadil