Help Needed. Next to no growth Autoflower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cgraham111, Jun 4, 2015.

1. My 2 auto bubblegum seem to have next to no growth. I had light cycle on 20 on 4 off but I was battling low temps of a drop of 10 to 15 degrees so I decided to switch to 24/7 lights on so keep temps up. I have humidifier on full pump all the time to keep between 35% to 55% . Temps average at 22 degrees. Fan is vented out of the roof an duct at the bottom to outside for fresh air.
    I have only watered with rhizotonic an 1/4 strength cal/mg phd to 5.8 an they are planted in coco with a small grow fan blowing across on low.
    been 12 days from germ an they just dont seem to be growing compared to my first lowryder grow. What would I be doing wrong?

[​IMG]

2. #2 mop420head, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    It doesn't look like its dying, maybe a little over watered or you just watered before the picture. Man it sounds like you have a good environment for her, how much light do you have on her? I kind of doubt it's that problem at this early of a stage. Sorry not a very helpful comment, but I really don't see why you would be having slow growth. Could just be genetics.

3. Yea has me stumped too. There is a 400w hps light on them. Not exactly how sure it is off them. But isnt to close as hand test doesnt burn an 3 thermometers I have in there are around the same. Ive only watered once since germ when water meter started to flash. Maybe ill wait to its bone dry before I water as the pots are pretty big.

4. What size pots? That taproot might still b looking 4 the bottom. Roots grow when they are dry and looking 4 water. Let em grow. Try and water around the edges of the pot and not dump it near the stem. Make em work to get water. They may just be lazy plants if you are not making them work.

5. Coco is a completely sterile medium, and the seeds only have enough nutes stored for a few days after germination. You have to get some nutes into them so they can grow. I also agree with TipWill on the roots stretching for the bottom, but you HAVE to get some nutes in there now. A good feeding with GH RapidStart or SuperThrive added to your nutrient regimen will help immensely. The RapidStart is more organic if you're into that, but frankly I've had much stronger results with SuperThrive. AND it's cheaper. The stuff has been around forever and works wonders for clones, seedlings, transplants, and anything in veg.

I can see two true leaves already formed, that's good. I typically start my auto's under a 42W CFL in a brooder reflector, and keep it close (3-4" close) until I'm seeing good growth. If you don't have a CFL, with a 400W hps, start the light at about 30" from the plant. When you start seeing new growth, drop the light 4-6" per day until you reach the "hand test" height (I usually settle around 12" ).
    I would try to get back to a 20/4 light cycle. Auto's will grow 24/0, but frankly I think 20/4 is just as effective, plus easier on your equipment (it needs a cool down period for max life), and easier on heat control. But you have a low temp problem - find a way to handle that without relying upon your light heat. That's important, but not the cause of your problem. Heat control will be much more important when you get into full bloom / finishing mode.

Not sure what your experience level is? If you're interested in more info on auto's, take a look at this thread for lots of detailed info on auto's in general. - http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1375...
    Scroll up to post # 82 where we started getting into the nitty gritty.

Welcome to Grass City. Hope this helps & bestaluck to ya!!!

6. Oh .... forgot in my other post. Keep me posted on the bubblegum auto, and who is the breeder?
    I have a freebie THSeeds Bubblegum Auto I'm dropping today, so I may not be that far behind you.[​IMG]

7. And OH CRAP !!!! WTF am I doing posting to a thread fro JUNE???? Man, is my face RED!!!!

Well, I did smoke a little K- Auto earlier and I AM high as shit right now... and I DID just search THSeeds BubbleGum Auto and this WAS the first hit on the search.

So ennywayz, if the grow went well, maybe you can still tell me how it went and what you think about the strain.
    Or if the grow went south and turned to shit, maybe this info will help next time through [​IMG]

8. Hey man, bring your humidity up to around 70 to 60%. Your ph is good, I understand you have a heat problem, even at 22 your temps are still to low. You need to get your temps up around 26 to 28. When the plants that small they need some warmth. Your feed is ok, plus TipWill has a good tip with feeding just on the outs side of the plant.