Anyone get arrested for manspreading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BRZBoy, Jun 4, 2015.

1. #141 Penelope420, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015

Do you know what's also uncomfortable?  Trying to fit into half a subway seat because the asshole next to you thinks he's sitting on his couch, and not public transportation.

I'd love to air my vagina out on a public train.  Now THAT'S comfortable.  But I don't. Because we're trying to have a goddamn society here. 

I mean, sure, it might be a little rude. But the whole outrage is about how insane it is that someone can get arrested over it.

3. sounds like the dumbest law ever written.

4. So men can spread their legs in public, but women can't? Lol

5. #145 BlazedGlory, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015

Yeah that's not what anyone's saying I think XD

Nobody, man or woman, should get arrested for what amounts to mildly rude behavior.

6. ya. [​IMG]

7. Bing-fucking-o.

Why most likely they will arrest the wrong person..and he will take this madness to court.

9. My sister once kicked me in the balls...does this make me a victim of rape? I get what you mean, and yeah it is rape since normal men's genitalia is on their outer thigh, I can only dream of not having a deformed penis in-between my legs

10. Anyone that sits with their legs spread taking up room on the train needs a swift kick in the balls. Problem solved.

This is a ridiculous law. What's next?

11. They do on an airplane....

12. #152 Lenny., Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Don't ask.... you'll summon whatever's next, and it'll be worse ...

13.  come on people!
    Obviously taking up too much space is a problem but it's a problem for everybody. Is having one's knees too far apart any different from being grotesquely overweight?

I cannot believe I'm actually commenting on this. This is stupid and I'm disappointed with myself. That is all

14. yes they are different.

One is a choice.

And don't try to tell obesity is a choice in this case. Because once on the train, you cannot change your size. But you can be courteous ...

-yuri

15. How to get a seat on a crowded NYC subway, as demonstrated by the great silent film star, Harold Lloyd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvPR4Z-9nC0

16. #156 forty winks, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    The act of "manspreading", or sitting with legs wide apart on public transport, is among 1,000 new words to enter the online Oxford dictionary

OxfordDictionaries.com issues quarterly updates on current definitions of English words.

Other new entries include Grexit, Brexit, hangry, beer and wine o'clock and NBD - meaning "no big deal".

Oxford Dictionaries said the addition of multiple slang words showed "creative" use of language.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34070483

17. I'm not sure slang words should be in the Oxford Dictionary. I mean, that's what UrbanDictionary is for :D

18. The fact that law enforcement resources are being wasted on this is ridiculous...

I'm totally guilty of manspreading, I find it more comfortable, and I do it on buses too. But not if someone is sitting beside me, or there are few enough seats remaining that someone will probably want to sit beside me, because I'm a polite person.

Yeah it sucks when someone won't close their legs to give you a little more breathing room, but people out there are dicks. This level of dickishness shouldn't be against the law... Better start arresting people who won't move their bags off the seats while you're at it.

If anything, it should be the transit authority's responsibility to enforce this, not the fucking cops.

19. If some asshole cop hassled me about this I'd figure...in for a penny, in for a pound and tell him I was simply waiting for him to suck my dick.

20. Wonder who wrote this law
    And why