SWIMs Coco Adventures: (White Widow-FINISHING TOUCHES)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SWIM_obviously, Jun 3, 2015.

1. #41 Piña420, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    Hey swim i got a portable ac inside mine takes space but if not my temps would be at 90 to 93 and im not using c02 so ac is a must. I ve been looking at your pics when you water do get run off all the time? I have been watering so i dont get run off i found that for my 5 g pots with 2parts coco 1 part perlite 3 liters of water a day dont get run off i only water to run off twice since i started know that im switching to flowering i gave em a nice dose of nutes for grow and i will give em just plain ph water for next couple days to clean some of the salts or more like dilute em enough to not be of importance not nute lock out or nothing like that the plants will use all that's in the coco hopefully it all goes well but i want to show you can grow in coco without run off all the time! wasting water with all the droughts going around in the world. So if i am able to do it and get good yield only doing the run off 4 times in a 3 month stretch ill be happy. Your ladies look Beautiful! Keep Rockin it Bro! My portable ac dehum the grow room no need for a dehum i have LG 8,000 btu portable ac.[​IMG]

2. This method is supposed to be watered to 10% runoff, but I'm not watering that much. Very rarely do I have any, I just end up watering more often. ......................They've started the flowering stretch in the last few days. Tomorrow will make 5 weeks even on the auto ak47. I'm hoping they will be closer to an 84 day plant... get another 6 good weeks in and some big yields....... I'm gonna have to do something about starting the mainline on the White Widow and Special Kush #1, they're getting to that point........... I'm wanting to get another light and build a box for clones. I figure I could veg some out nice and big and put them in to flower once the WW and SK are harvested toward the end of the year.

Attached Files:

3. So I've been doing some thinking, and looking at the months ahead, and sort of devised a plan.

The White Widow and Special Kush #1 are starting to get to the point that I need to get my ass in gear on the mainline.... and well, when ya have girls and you're gonna be cuttin em up, you don't wanna let anything go to waste... sooooo, I need to invest in stuff to take clones =]

I'm planning on getting a 4x2 tent to clone and veg clones in, and a 400w HID set up. I figure I will get 5 good clones from each, 10 total. These won't be trained or anything. Looking at the time line, the flowering tent will is estimated to be occupied until Oct 11. That means if the clones are taken and set up by this coming Friday, July 3rd, that gives 14 weeks to form roots and to veg! Wow that's a long time! So I'm thinking, I might be able to veg these out for say, 2 months after they form good roots, and then make the flowering switch in the veg tent, then after the big mainlines are harvested I can move the clones into the flowering tent and use the veg tent for drying some buds.

....back in April when I started planning the grow and all that, I was initially going to get a 250w HID, maybe a 400w and just grow 2 or 3 plants..... [​IMG] Now I'm looking at quite an elaborate setup (for me at least, lol)

Gonna have more bud than I know what to do with, lol, but I guess that's not a bad thing!
    Part of the plan was to surprise my dad with buds so he can try to see if it helps his fibromyalgia, so with any luck it will work out well.

WE'RE GONNA NEED SOME MORE NUTES OVER HERE! LOL

[​IMG]

4. #44 SWIM_obviously, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
    So I'll throw some pics up.

I switched to the HPS light today. Today is the last day the Auto AK gets the veg formula. Wednesday they get florakleen, then Thursday they will get floralicious!

I tried to get some decent pics of the White Widow and Special Kush #1. The SK1 looks awesome, nice big fat leaves so I'm hoping for a real strong Indica. The SK1 genetics are supposed to be Afghan X Hindu Kush.

Although the Seedsman white widow is, at least night now, possibly not going to be what it was supposed to be... unless this is just a phenotype of it? It was supposed to be predominately Sativa, but, it may still be, I don't know. The genetics of the WW are supposedly: Brazilian (Sativa) X India (Indica).

I kind of bought the WW a little fast before doing some research. One of my goals now are to do a side by side of Mr. Nice Black Widow (The original white widow) and the Green House White Widow (where Shantibaba was when WW was first made).

I'm also currently looking into other strains I can order seeds of and grow next. I like to have as pure of strains as possible. Mostly Sativa and mostly Indicas. Right now I'm thinking about OG Raskal White Fire, Rare Dankness Ghost Train Haze #1, Barney's Red Dragon, DNA Strawberry Banana, Barney's Tangerine Dream, Barney's Pineapple Chunk, Green House Super Lemon Haze, Mr. Nice Super Silver Haze, and of course Humboldt's Blue Dream.

I'm open to suggestions on what to grow, so don't shy away from suggesting strains!!!

In other news, I need to make up my indecisive mind on the stuff I'm gonna order for cloning and vegging, as I need to submit my order by tomorrow, so I can have it Thursday. The lower tips on the SK1 and WW are getting big, and I need to start the mainline!

One last thing!!! From my estimates, it appears that I have 28 decent tops with the 4 autos combined, so whatever the average cola weight is in grams will equate to the total numbers of ounces I end up with. I'm hoping 6!

Oh yeah. PS: Carbon filter arrives tomorrow!

Attached Files:

5. Don't be too worried about cloning items, the clones I planted outside this year I put in my garage under a tube cfl in a plastic bin with a lid... they all made it and my method was cut them, and stick them in ffof, lol. So as long as you can get some space, you can make due with almost anything to get them going.

I wanted to dry my buds in my flower room or veg room too but there's no way they'll all finish the same time to empty it out, so im gonna try to plan a entire separate area for drying so that I don't have to worry about plants finishing in time (just my thought process at least, lol) The 400w idea sounds perfect for clone/veg. As for strains, i'm right there with you about to choose my next set, so i'm all ears and i'll let you know if I find anything that sparks my interest.

6. #46 SWIM_obviously, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Got the carbon filter in today. It makes me nervous hanging it in the tent. It seems stable, I guess I've just paranoid. It's a phresh 6"x16" . I can notice quite a bit of difference in the exhaust air.

It's rigged up in quite a ghetto way. It will just have to do until provisions can be made.

Just took some random pictures. I'm hoping that these colas will fill in nicely.

As far as new strains to grow, I'm looking heavily at: La Plata Labs, Rare Dankness, Grand Daddy Purp Genetics and <span style="background-color: rgb(221, 217, 195);">Elemental Seeds</span>. I'd like to get some super strong cup winners and some funky stuff. Colorful, fruity, and strong af. lol

I should also through in, the autos are on day 37, so possibly half way. REALLY hope they bulk up a lot!

Attached Files:

7. Well, I did it. Lol. I have some veg-tent stuff on the way. Lol.

I haven't actually smoked in a long time, I'm actually pretty sure it was Halloween. (Yea, that long) But man I'm getting addicted to this growing stuff.

I really do have plans of being one of the first in the industry once it's finally legal where I'm located. I want to be able to grow, sell, and also create new strains.

The best part is, (I know this sounds dumb from a stealth standpoint) but even by best friend doesn't know I'm growing. No one except you guys know.

[​IMG]

8. My same thinking Bro!

9. Unless you're selling something, drawing unwanted attention is never a good thing, lol.

Let me know how that light/ballast works out for you, im always interested in more light.

10. Lol that's real true! Oh this crop is alllllll mine, lol. I figure 1000w total of light won't be too too much in the grand scheme of things. I'm running these autos 18 hours, but am gonna run the veg tent at 16. I am in the middle of no where lol, and 1000w doesn't change the electric bill that much.
    This carbon filter is doing wonders, I swear, it wasn't even 2 hours and every tiny trace of smell was gone from the shop.
    I like the 600w Apollo I have, it seems to do a good job. The cool tube is good quality. The only thing I really want to do with it is get a really killer bulb for it, with enhanced spectrum and stuff. 600w-ers are the most efficient per watt, but the damn bulbs cost more than 1000w-ers.

I'm really interested in getting some LEDs eventually for vegging and for supplemental on either side of the 600w. Getting really close to having the optimal set up, at least what I'm striving for. I guess the next step is just upgrading everything from here on out lol.

11. #51 SWIM_obviously, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    Just an update right quick. Lots of pictures.

I'm hoping these autos will fill in as much as the potential they appear to have. They probably have a good 5-6 weeks to go, so fingers crossed. Judging by similar grows I've looked up, I think I might be able to pull 6 onions from these autos...not to jinx anything.

I got the 4x2 tent today, light arrives tomorrow. I'll put up pics then. I can't wait cause then I'll have plenty of room in the flowering tent for the dehumidifier. I have a condensate pump on the way, so I won't have to worry about draining or moving the de-hum. Just need to get the AC now and I'll have a perfect little environment set up for optimal growth... and RISK MANAGEMENT!

Hoping the autos are as much sativa as they look. Seem like a nice hybrid, skinnnnnnny leaves compared to those White Widow and Special Kush #1 lol. The damn WW and SK1 are bushy as hell. I'll get literally at least 6 clones from each! I don't know what I'm gonna do with them, lol. Well, grow them of course, lol.

Gonna run ducting from the veg tent into the top of the flowering tent, and then it will exhaust all of the air through the filter. Veg tent won't be AC or de-hum, which is fine, it will stay around optimal conditions for vegging anyways.

Gave them all 1/2 gal of florakleen yesterday, biggest flush yet. I'll be damned if those autos didn't drink up every damn bit of runoff in just a couple of hours too! Probably between 1-2 pints it was. The autos got their first Floralicious Plus today. I also ran 1/2 gal each in all of them, then went through and sucked most of the runoff up from the pans... didn't need that much in them, and I figure running a good bit through will get the coco nice and how it likes to be.

It's amazing how fast the plants react and grow when they get fed.

Why in the hell do I make my posts do damn long... what do I think I'm doing, writing a damn novel? lol.

Attached Files:

12. No such thing as too many tops. LOL

I'm subbed up man, just dropped another seed and am about to mainline again, albeit a little differently. It'll be fun to follow along.

Here is my mainline I just harvested. I call it Ultra Mainlining. 20 total tops (was 22 but 2 broke)

image26366.jpg

13. Welcome along Dan! That was a bad ass harvest you just had. What size of an area would you say your canopy took up? I'm still deciding whether to go for 8 or 16. Depends on how many clones take root though. I waited a little while to start the ML, but today they'll get their first cut since the clonex and veg light just arrived.

14. She ended up being about 30" in diameter and only 20" or so in height from the soil.

15. #55 SWIM_obviously, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    oh good deal. I'm estimating to try to keep each ML in a roughly 18"x36" , try to keep the entire canopy of both withing a 3'x3' space for the 600w

16. Pics in a few minutes. I have the White Widow and Special Kush #1 all trimmed up for the mainline. I need to go tie them over now.
    I took like, 7 clones from the WW, and I think 8 from the SK1 ... and I'll be a son of a bitch if every f-ing one of those little bastards started drooping immediately... now, I took them exactly like how I've read about over and over, using clonex.... Idk, we'll see how they turn out.
    My options are now:

1. Wait and see if these live
    2. Start germing the other two WW seeds I have
    3. Go ahead and order some more seeds so I can veg them while the ML is flowering

I think the ML will work out alright. The plants are real strong. I think it's just me being bummed out about the drooping, but I almost wish i would have just went through, took every fan leaf off the WW and SK1, and just topped them, then gone ahead and ordered more seeds.

17. Welcome to SWIM's major fuck up!! Tonight, starrrrringggg

The White Widow Clones
    The Special Kush #1 Clones
    Special guest, the unwanted super crop
    Special thanks to our sponsor, the big shitty thunderstorm!!!

Well that about sums it up.

I do have a question though... on the WW and SK where it's cut down to the 3rd node and it's like a big straw... do I need to worry about covering that up, or will it just eventually naturally fill in or what not?

I've been thinking, I feel like just ordering more seeds at this point, running these ML to 8 and flowering, then vegging some at the same time, just growing trees, maybe do a main line to just 4, and have 4 different strains going... and try to get them finished up before winter really comes around.

I was thinking maybe super silver haze, pineapple chunk, blue dream, and something else funky. Maybe try running 6 or 8 even before winter, and move the 400w in the flowering tent to have 1000 total

I should also through in,(in the one pic) the temp/hygro thing are reading F-ed up cause the tents open. It's staying around 70% humidity in there with ~80 degrees.

Attached Files:

18. My clones drooped right away as well, but as soon as I got them in the humidity dome and sprayed down with water and under the tube cfl they propped up nice for a week to 10 days until all the roots showed.

I feel your pain with that snapped branch, my smaller WW was stunted for that very reason. Mainlining is well worth it at the end, but its a bit of a slow journey. I think in the future im going to do a simple LST bend in the main stem like my purple kush, more than half the veg time and still opens up nice bud sites (i'll have to check weight at harvest to compare the two 8 cola mainline to the kush)

Aside from that snapped branch everything is looking great, one trick I learned from mistakes was to slightly massage the point where you want the bend (roll your finger tips back and forth lightly) this will greatly reduce the snap threshold.

19. IM USING ONE APOLLO 600 AND ONE IPOWER 600 ON COOL TUBES THEY WORK GOOD. Sorry fro caps had like that when started writing

20. I'm curious what kind of bulbs you guys are using. I figure that's the easiest way to "boost" what I've already got. I was thinking about the EyeHortilux Super HPS w/enhanced spectrum... as it appears that it's the top of the line. One thing I will say, I spent probably two hours last night researching lights... it's a bitch and damn near impossible to find PAR charts for a 600W.

I just watered the autos, checked on the clones, I'll be a SOB if damn near every one is almost completely perked back up. FINGERS CROSSED!