SWIMs Coco Adventures: (White Widow-FINISHING TOUCHES)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SWIM_obviously, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Try some decently thick wire and string it through the zip ties to form a perfect circle around the rim of the fabric pot.  The wire should be rigid enough to hold anything you tie in place since it will want to pull up like mad later on. 

Sorry to hear about the stem, I cracked one of my white widows mains and had a heart attack, but it recovered, just a bit smaller.  

2. if it started tearing the pot later, might have to make a simple wire base to anchor to. 

3. Alrighty, well I tied another girl over. She has some nice lower growth tips so it seemed like a good time.

I wish I would have just waited longer on the first two to LST them. 

Still have one straggler, but should still produce bud, so let's see what happens. 

The one that's broke seems to be okay... I imagine if it would have been detrimental, then growth above the break would look crappy. So hopefully she heals up and the break just helps move more auxins to lower tips

I also failed to mention yesterday something I did. I haven't had any bug problems yet, but I put some dryer sheets down on the floor of the grow tent to try to aid as a repellent. 

On my intake 6" duct spots, I have used plastic coffee cans and cut the bottom off, and covered in panty hose to act as screens... i also put some dryer sheets in them also. 

The little ones are coming along nicely, tomorrow will make 2 weeks exactly after being placed in coco. 

So earlier I decided to have a nice little glass of cheap vodka and say to myself "swim, calm the fuck down and think" (lol) and come up with cutting clothes hangers and using wire ties to fix 'bars' around the fabric pots to use for training purposes. One can be seen in a couple of the pictures....

Also made a wire run across right on the coco and down the sides to use for attachments close to the plant, but to be able to pull straight down instead of sideways.

...alright, that's enough basic shit for today... kindergarten class is dismissed! Lol 

Attached Files:

4. Stepped in shit... walked out a rose.

So the plant that I snapped (accidentally) is literally exploding with tops... there is now the main top, and 3 other killer tops that I think (based on how they look now) will end up just as nice as the main main... There are like, 2 to 3 others growing out but not as big.

One of the others is exploding with tops now too (in the back right) 

Hopes are rising for this grow

I fiddled with the wires and stuff for a while earlier running them across the coco. Tied a lot of fan leaves over to open up the tips. 

Other than the above, I HAVE to do something about smell pronto. I gotta get this phresh carbon filter ordered... might even need some ona gel for the adjoining rooms. 

Gonna give em some florakleen in just a little bit since it's humpday.

All showing female preflowers, so yay! 

I'm thinking of vegging the hell outta this WW and Special Kush as it seems I'll get plenty from the AK47 to hold me off til then. 

Attached Files:

5. They are looking very nice. I need to learn LST! Keep it up Them ladies look hap[​IMG] py!

6. Tops for days... lol.

The one I waited longer to train is looking to be a little nicer, neater, and more symmetric to train... 

I might start slicing all my stems like I accidentally did on that one... DAMN tops everywhere, LOL...

Just trying to keep all the tops even now

... looking at like, 25 days in from placed in coco.. I think these could veg for 2 more weeks before really starting to flower.... I don't wanna jinx anything, but I think this could be a nice big yield from these autos.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. And officially subbed, don't know why I wasn't before but pulling up a chair now. 

8. Good to have you along man! 

9. That thing is gonna skyrocket one of these days, looks really healthy especially now that all those under nodes are getting light and shooting off. 

10. So I figure I'll throw an update out there. 

TOPS TOPS TOPS! 

The Auto AK-47 is 27 days old from being placed in coco.

The White Widow and Special Kush #1 are both 17 days from being placed in coco.

Hope I can get 2 more weeks of veg before the autos start flowering.

I increased my light from 17 to 18 hours on. 

Took the Metal racks out and placed the goodies on the floor... figure it was better to do now than way til they stink all to hell and are too big to want to really fool with. 

Gonna put the WW and SK1 in 2 gallon plastic pots some time next week to get me by til I harvest the Auto AK. 

Attached Files:

11. #31 SWIM_obviously, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Nothing new here, just wow...... is 9 tops too many? lolol

Attached Files:

12. Too many tops? I don't think that exists. Haha . Nice pics

13. So, I haven't named the plants... I'm not that cool... but I have named this specific grow... I call it.... Crazy Tops!I'm a happy camper, still doing the same stuff... I got smaller trays from Walmart earlier... The green ones were a little too big... this way I can get more of the plants to the center of the lights strong spotI transplanted the White Widow and Special Kush #1 into 3 gallon plastic pots, which I think will be good for starting the mainline. I used VAM by Bioag, I sprinkled a little bit right on to the roots, and a little bit down into the transplant hole. These will also get transplanted again into probably 15 gallon pots later on after the Autos are harvested. I ran probably 3/4 a gallon each through the transplanted pots. The coco was washed back when I first started this grow, but it had dried out. I didn't like the color of the runoff, so I emptied the trays... normally with this method you let the plants drink up the runoff... but in this case I don't think it is necessary. In one of the pictures you can see how brown it was. Just working on a nice even canopy now. ...man I really want to add another 600w HID in there!!

Attached Files:

14. BTW I HATE this new damn website update!!

15. Its a very awkward web design, lol.

Welcome to the "I want more light" club, lol. I've got 5 plants under my 600 and it's pushing it with my hood. Still amazed how fast everything is growing, you're gonna need to start propping those smaller plants up high :p

16. Lol, I feel like a dictator and the lights are my lowly peasants..... I NEED MORE POWER!! Lol

...one thing that does suck, and I really want to do... is get a blue spectrum HPS.... gonna be vegging two plants under a regular HPS... gotta get some blue spectrum.... if I had the air conditioning in the area I am, I would just get another 600w-er now and run MH I think... but I can't drop the dough on both right now, lol. DAMMIT!

17. #37 12valve, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    Have you thought about throwing in a cheap 300w mars led? I bought one for my veg room, but they would do damn well supplementing a hps i'd think, and for 60 bucks. I plan to get 2 more for my flower room so I have the hps dead center, and 2 leds on either side angled slightly in, no ballast required, barely any heat, and plenty of light added (trying to convince myself too, lol).

18. I'll have to look them up. If they are that good for that price range I would definitely think about getting a couple of them... I was also considering T5 also...
    Biggest reason is just for vegging these two lil ones while the autos flower... but I figure any extra light will come in really handy in flowering these last two... especially if I can get them to be two huge 16 cola mainlines.
    And or also when mainlining, I'm obviously gonna want to clone, lol. So lights could come in handy in making a veg room too =] lol

19. Just some pics to throw up... Below I will attach a question I asked on another thread earlier and the pictures that go along with it. >>>>>>>>>>>So I'm getting to where I want to be able to control my tent climate a little better. I live in a humid area. I run a dehumidifier outside of my tent which helps some. I would like to be able to put it inside the tent, but it raises temps quite a bit as it is, and I figure inside the tent would be absolute toast. The tent is in a shop building that isn't air conditioned. Exhaust is vented directly to the attic from the top of the tent. I was looking for opinions on how well it would work, if I were to purchase an AC made for a window, have it inside the room the tent is in, and attach ducting so the cool air vents directly into the tent, so I can put the dehumidifier right inside the tent.I know climate is an important factor in growing, and being in a humid area is making me paranoid for ending up with bud rot.And after all... cooling is essential for adding more light =]**products I'm considering are below**....I should add, there is really good air flow inside the tent with fans

Attached Files:

20. Dude. Nicely done and glad you got that under control