New Grow Cabinet Armoir

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Mr Weed Man, Jun 3, 2015.

1. I'm planning on using this armoire for a first time indoor grow.
    78"Tall
    24" deep
    40" wide
    I'm planning on building a High Pressure aero system

I'm in DC so the maximum amount of plants I can grow in a household (recreational) is 6.
    My question is this.
    Given the size of the top area
    54"x40"x24"
    How big of a light can I use?
    I know heating constraints need to be factored. But assuming I add an AC system for the cabinet, do you think I could get away with a 400 or 600w HPS?

2. Here is a photo of the armoire ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433332050.893124.jpg

3. Pictures of the inside too?
    I suggest you run CFL lights or LED panels. The HPS will likely keep the temperature way too hot in there. Also are you going to mylar the inside? Are you going to have it as one big grow inside?

4. As mentioned above, pics of the inside would be nice. Is the back panel just 1/4" ply with finishing nails?

What are your plans for the build out: Light proofing, light reflective material, running power, reinforcements to hang lights, fans, filter, ducting and other equipment etc. Are you going to have just one chamber?

My cabinet is very similar in size (slightly wider). However, I divided mine up into separate flower chamber, veg chamber (that I am actually using for my rdwc res) and storage.

Even with a 400W (actual) led, high temps are in the 80's. I am using a fan capable of twice the area of the flower and veg chambers. I do see people using HID in cabinets, usually 400W in a air cooled hood or some other means of enclosing the light with air flow over it. I am a noob, but I think 600W is going to too much hear for sure.

Keep us updated!

5. I would use that as a cloning or veg closet