John Lennox Makes Atheist Richard Dawkins Look Like an Idiot.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DivineVictoryX, Jun 3, 2015.

1. The prevalent idea that the reverence for the cross is limited to the Christian world is disproved by even the most superficial investigation of its place in religious symbolism. The early Christians used every means possible to conceal the pagan origin of their symbols, doctrines, and rituals. They either destroyed the sacred books of other peoples among whom they settled, or made them inaccessible to students of comparative philosophy, apparently believing that in this way they could stamp out all record of the pre-Christian origin of their doctrines. In some cases the writings of various ancient authors were tampered with, passages of a compromising nature being removed or foreign material interpolated. The supposedly spurious passage in Josephus concerning Jesus is an example adduced to illustrate this proclivity.
    Manly P. Hall

• Like Like x 1
  2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9NlRKJBKt4

Craig apparently had his way with hitchens.

The video you posted by the way, they really tried hyping that up. Dawkins Vs Craig they should've showed them in a boxing ring.

Random quote
    Lennox after calling out Dawkins on a Lie and making him admit it."I can make it harder for you"

Dawkins responds " I know you can" lol

Dawkins was Dominated.

3. Yea I own the Hitchens/Craig debate... well whenever my friend isn't borrowing it.

I wish I could debate Craig, I never see his opponents raise the right objections. Of course I'd get destroyed since I'm not a double ph.d, but I'd have a go at a written debate.

Yes he had his way with Hitchens and it was Hitchens fault. He came to argue against Christianity and the immoral nature of it (currently and historically), but the debate was a philosophical debate about the existence of God. I've never seen an atheist have a reasonably good debate against him. Massimo Piggliucci was decent, Harris got demolished IMO.

4. dawkings was not dominated...

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  5. #25 Dryice, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015

>Dawkings
    >Dawkings
    >Dawkings

ಠ_ಠ

It's Hawking and Dawkins it's not a mix of the two! It's so commonly messed up it just gets under my skin.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Throw them both into a black hole.

• Like Like x 1
  7. can I come?

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  8. i hate people who argue for or against religion. let people believe what they want and don't try persuading others your belief is better. i wish religion didnt exist at all

9. Lol that is ironic.

10. #30 enjoyandlive, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    I'm not telling people what not to believe and arguing against their beliefs. I just dislike those that do. theres no pursuit here, it's not ironic at all

• Like Like x 1
  11. dont care if billions of ppl believe in it. im gonna criticize it. something tht has brought this world so much misery, war, genocide, oppression and hate and we're supposed to be fine with it. ill hate on religion as much as with nazism and communism

• Like Like x 2
  12. well said

This isn't some live and let live issue

Religion is evil and needs to be abolished alltogether

I'm not trying to tell people how to live. I'm trying to tell people not to let cults trick them

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm pretty sure it's that kind of attitude which has gotten humanity into all of the trouble in the first place.

14. yes i agree I actually made a thread about it once

Basically humans trying to fight evil usually just perpetuate more evil

-yuri

15. Dawkins has been criticized, and fairly IMO, that his message often gets lost in his pretentious delivery. That being said, Richard Dawkins does not get "dominated" very often. If you don't like what he has to say, fine, but the man is bound by science....and science, my friends, is the ultimate trump card.

16. I thought that was a good debate, some funny points like when the jerno said he truly believed Mohamed rode a winged horse to the moon and back... Shit had me rolling!

17. Yeah lol tht wasn't bad. Just disappointed in Dawkins
    Yeah lol tht wasn't bad. Just disappointed in Dawkins