Rate my first rig 0-10 Some questions too

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Dreadlocker, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Wassup blades! Just picked up my first rig, paid 150 for it including the quartz banger nail and the silicone concentrates container. It is pretty basic, I didnt wan't to pay for the scientific glass or heady glass pieces, though I saw a piece from 603 Glass that was the best trout ever, so I will be contacting him in the future for a custom trout themed piece when I can afford it.

The piece I have was picked for it size, sturdy base, and 4 perc inline downstem. I am new to the oil game so i figure this rig will be a good starter. It its pretty nice.

Few questions...

When its bright out its hard to see if the quartz has turned red. Any1 with a similiar banger can chime in how long they heat/cool the nail for?

Should my shatter be leaving behind a residue or should it be getting vaped 100 percent the instant it hits? Any other advice for me as a complete noob? Tomorrow I will post about the wax and shatter i picked up. Cheers.

PS, im really high from my first big dab

[​IMG]

2. thanks man i picked it cuz rasta colors are a classic! you forgot to rate though, the scale is 1-10, 10 being headyglass and one being kitchenware hotknifes or a pop can.

3. 3 out of 10. Heat till it shows red (the more you use it the easier it will start to show red). Once it is heating give it 40-45 seconds to cool. Then apply dab anf carb cap. Everything should be vaped off. If its not its because you hit it too cool or you have impurities in your concentrate that doesn't burn off at vap temps

4. For a starter rig its a solid 5. I was expecting a crap rig and that looks pretty decent for a starter.

5. my rating depends on one major thing, can you honestly verify its american and not chinese? chiense its a 2-3 american its a 5 or 6

6. If its American good deal, if its Chinese he over paid.

7. i dunno, it didnt have a made in china sticker :)

its from these guys...

https://instagram.com/crushglass/

dont really care if its US or chinease, i like to support my local headshop even if i overpay. they have been doin it for so long and have been a staple of our community. :)

according to crush, they are 100 percent american made.

8. My buddy has a banger like that.. You can do some damage with those things. Well done

9. I would pay 150 for that, 8/10 since I would love to have that in my collection.

10. hella yea man im about to drop my first dab comp video (tomorrow i hope) of all the dabs ive filmed out of this on my webcam. 30 or 40 at least!

11. Not bad for 1st cop... if you have taken 40+ dabs then yer banger should be seasoned and you should be able to see it start to glow red from the white ash at the bottom another way to dial it in is to time how long you heat it on average and just count

12. Feel like I've seen that exact picture posted around here with the same question being asked?

13. not from me, but this thread did get a couple late bumps. maybe u saw it twice and its the same thread?

14. Probably lol