Antics LED Soil Failboat

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Antics, Jun 3, 2015.

1. You will increase next grow as well stick to the course and next will all be closer even or over Qp per plant.

I'd get mason jars there cheap at goodwill or Craigslist etc etc.

Are you jarring wet? Or has that hung and dried? The best method overall taste, appearance,smoothness, is to hang plant after chop washed or not for about 7-14 days till good snap then trim and jar and cure no hay smell better terp profile, smoother etc etc. Remove all fan leaves one or two days before chop, then at chop remove the ones you may of missed. Hang, trim, jar repeat. 55% to 65% in dry area. Consistent air flow circulating. In winter heat one day dehu next it will fight the rh issues and wick the plant evenly. In summer just keep temps between 55-75f tops. I like 65f in dry.

2. That's dry.
    CC ran 7-9 days drying.
    SB#1 ran 6-7 days drying, which isn't as long as it should have been, but RH in the rubbermaid hasn't been holding at 60% like it did previously, it's been hovering around 52-55%. But should still be smoother than all my previous harvests.

Fan leaves were removed at chop, and all other leaves with an easy to access petiole were removed at chop also. I found if I try removing other leaves that don't have a visible petiole, I end up cutting off small buds with it. As the branches dried I removed those leaves as petioles became visible.

CC has a decent manicure.
    SB#1 not so much. I'll get to the rest of it today, which I know isn't ideal, but it'll get done. I've just been chasing problem after problem with the gas tank install, so my time has been short lately (in addition to just dreading having to manicure more so soon after the previous one), but I'll have some time tonight, so I'll get the rest of it taken care of.

3. Sounds perfect

4. Thanks brother. I started on the manicuring now, and got about half of it done, I'll work on the rest of it tonight.

Really, really, really sticky. I feel like I've been dipping my fingers in maple syrup. Even after washing, that smell doesn't go away, I never get tired of that. [​IMG]

5. #645 Cannabartist, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    Great harvest my friend. What's up with the gas tank buddy?

6. That's killer Antics! Looks frosty.
    Nice idea, going to start doing this. Is this to speed drying or is there another reason?

7. It just breaks everything up a lil bit so you don't have to do it all at once

8. Thanks brother.

Gas tank started like any other, receive new tank, mask off filler, pressure valve, and sending unit holes. undercoat and paint.

Removing the old one was a bitch, broke both speed nuts. Rounded off both nuts. I have a trailer hitch too, so I had even less room to work. The hitch also helped to stop my hand when the ratchet slipped, so I smashed a few fingers, lost some skin, the usual.

Broke about 2" off the vent tube as well, but I was able to make that work, since the vent hose was long enough.

Oh and of course the float for the sending unit had to snap off in the old tank, which snaps back in, but my arm doesn't fit inside a gas tank. Oh, and it snapped off in the new tank too because the new pump screens extend in one direction, instead of two. I figured while I was doing the tank, that I'll do the pump and screen too.

So finally get everything in order, and find a loose wire. Lovely. Couldn't find any broken wires, so I installed it all as is.

Well I found out that was probably the ground when it didn't start. Today I found the broken wire, the broken part was hiding under a zip tie. Why someone zip tied 4 wires together is beyond me, they weren't attached to anything, just zip tied to each other coming off the vehicle harness.

I tried fixing the broken wire as is. No room to work of course, so I had to drop the tank again, after already putting gas in it, only about an 1/8th of a tank, but it's a 30 gallon tank, which weighs about 30 lbs empty, plus another 30lbs of gas, balanced on a jack, using my arms to maneuver the tank, while operating the jack with my leg.

So I get it all buttoned up, and head to the gas station. Guess what broke the second time around.. the goddamn filler tube. I didn't know this until I started pumping, and saw half of it spilling. Tried to adjust the clamp and filler hose the best I could, but it still leaks. So now I need a new filler neck.

I'll be replacing the <span class="skimwords-potential">fuel filter</span> too, but after all this shit, I needed a break.

It was one of those jobs where 1 thing after another goes wrong, and turns a 3 hour job into a 2 day job.

Oh and keep in mind I'm in the northeast. So I had a fun mixture of dirt from off roading, and rust falling into my eyes.

The true measure of a man isn't the length of his beard. It's when he doesn't scream like a girl when a piece of rust the size of a Cannabis seed falls in his eye.

Sorry for the novel, but you asked lol.

Thanks man, I'll be starting some more manicuring in a bit, I'll try to take a picture or two before my fingers get covered in resin.

Second attempt to post, and now when I copy and paste, my screen won't scroll down. Can't scroll with the wheel, cant click the wheel and move the mouse down, and can't scroll manually with the scroll bar. Weird stuff man.

9. I'm going to need to get a different camera for closeups, this camera just doesn't work well. The room isn't bright enough to catch all the details, then when I use flash, it's too bright and washes out the picture. But here's one of the SB#1 nugs.

IMG_20150731_193829_477.jpg

10. Wow man that sounds like a nightmare. It's it a rear or side tank? Assumed it was side till you mentioned the hitch. I've had the speed nut snap on me before on that cross member. What a bitch. As far as the second time you had to drop the tank. What I normally do is unbolt the bed lift the fuel tank end/side and slide in a jack stand. Then work from uptop. By the sounds of it though. You would have probably snapped those speed nuts aswell.

Lol rust in the eye burns. My bosses son (useless idiot) has to run to the eye doctor and mope around for a day or 2 after he gets anything in his eye. Guess that implys he does something to begin with.

11. I had this typed up earlier, and of course the post was lost..
    And it was pretty short, so I didn't bother to copy it first.

But here we go again!

It's a rear tank, the left/right square tubing of the hitch bar was in my way, preventing the socket from sitting straight on the bolt. The speed nuts snap in every tank I end up doing, I just replace them with nuts, bolts and washers, since nobody at a parts store can pull their head out of their ass long enough to know what a speed nut for a gas tank is. They come out showing me speed nuts for interior pieces. Yeah.. that'll support a gas tank real well. Moron.

It's a Tahoe, so it's not a pickup, but it's not an SUV. Since they've been making the Suburban since the 1930's, and the Blazer since the 1960's, but the SUV term was invented in the 90's so soccer moms didn't feel unsafe/uncomfortable driving a 'truck' which is what they were always called, and what I continue to call them today. [​IMG]

Rust in the eye is 10 seconds worth of a break. Not 2 days. The hard part is climbing out from under the truck with your eyes closed, and not slamming your head on the frame, tire, driveshaft, or anything else. But the nice thing is it's easy to work on them without a jack. I did a full catback in an hour without a jack. I love that part of it.

SB#2 is done. And again, did better than expected, but not as big of a margin as the others. 15.74 grams dry, and trimmed to the best of my ability. Most of it is all popcorn with a few smaller nugs, and all of it is pretty airy, but still really sticky, and I'm looking forward to starting it all on fire, in small batches.
    IMG_20150801_195829_974.jpg

12. Cotton Candy has been curing for 2 weeks now. I'll probably test some of that out in a little while. :D

13. CC is a little harsh still, she could use more curing time. It's not the worst I've smoked by any means though. I'll give her some more curing time, and do another little smoke report.

Potency is on par with most strains I've grown. It doesn't hit you like a Peterbuilt, but we're still talking full size GM truck here. 2 average size hits and I can feel a little something. My best so far was probably the Strawberry Blue, but I wouldn't toss this either.

The plant is an absolute pleasure to grow, easy to grow, very few deficiencies showed up, with increased nutes all problems stopped every time, and I'd gladly grow it again and again just for the pleasure and ease of growing... but it's not my top choice to smoke.

I'll have to try the two SB clones in the coming days. SB#1 was grown in the 7 gal pot, SB#2 grown in a 1gal and was sometimes forgotten since my focus was on the two bigger plants, CC and SB#1.

Ah it's intensifying a little now, I'd say maybe 5 minutes after the first two hits. I'd say I'm at a level you'd want to be if you still need to drive, but need something to help you deal with the in-laws, neighbors, or anyone else who usually just rubs you the wrong way.

This comes on kinda slow, I like when it hits me before I can even finish exhaling. But again, absolutely wouldn't turn it down. It just won't be the first one I pull off the shelf to smoke.

14. So Dugville just asked me about BB in my comparison thread and it got me thinking a bit, and I figured she's had long enough. There's no reason to keep running lights if she's not going to do much more, plus she's been steadily losing leaves due to N deficiency during the flush, so we chopped her down.

Trichomes are mostly cloudy, but definitely lacking in trich, and bud production. Seems to be more leaf material than bud. I'm going to let this hang a couple days, and then manicure them up when I can get my scissor on the petiole of the sugar leaves.

Very citrusy (lemon) smell, and turns skunky when handled. We'll probably see somewhere around a 1/2 ounce dry.

Everything from BB (grown in a 1gal):
    IMG_20150820_124442_767.jpg

And just to compare, this is what I pulled from SB#2, which was also grown in a 1gal pot:
    IMG_20150726_185006_793.jpg

15. Looks good for a gallon pot
    Actually great.

16. It smells amazing. I not only want to smoke it, but I want to put my food in it, I want to garnish my food with it, hell, I want to roll in it.

I'm just not sure what I'll see with potency. The development of buds and trichomes was pretty weak, but perhaps the 1gal pot had a lot to do with that.

17. How's the bulk in your opinion growth wise? My is very stout and strong.

18. Overall, growth is strong, steady, and didn't seem to be slowed or affected much with high temps when my fan went to shit.

The two lights cause different growth though.

Platinum is growing a stout tank. Short, compact, close node spacing, thick, and should be fun when I flip to 12/12.
    Mars is growing the plant more like what I'm used to from previous grows and CFLs. A mix of height and spread, and easy to LST.