MaxYields Summer Garden - PlatinumLED P450 - DocBuds High-Brix Blend

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MaxYields, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Yup that's my main point. These panels pay for themselves first grow. But any good grow light hps, De like gavitas, or good Leds will pay first crop.

2. Hey man I would look at it as a blessing. Sure you have to spend double the money, but then YOU own everything. YOU call the shots.

When I first started growing I had a friend who I was "going in on it all with", well I ended up buying everything and when the time to grow rolled around he was all gung-ho to get started and nothing gave me more pleasure then telling him hell no and having control over everything in my tent.

Probably a much smaller scale than what you're doing but same end result :) Good luck dude, I am sure you will figure it all out.

3. Will go bigger I am sure.
    That was an other argue I had when I chose sativas cause I like them.
    Yield less and take longer and so on .. but you don't get sativas over here just hybrids and 80% with Haze or Diesel.
    And at best they are average stuff.
    After I sold some Blue Dream everyone came back one day later to get more.
    Sativas will go of like fire here and I still told that they will be 2 bucks more

4. You seem like you'll do just fine on your own, giving the people what they want! lol it makes perfect sense though, you grow the fire and the people will come!

5. Gotta a quick question for all you aficionados:

My HB plants are.... 8 days past their last watering. Last Sunday they got Growth Energy Drench + Tea, top fed them all and aimed for about 20% run off. Is it normal for plants to take that long to dry out? They are in 5 gal hard pots.

Doc really stressed letting them dry out thoroughly in between watering, and I am trying to do that. Last Sunday they still felt a little heavy, but I saw some leaves drooping so I went ahead and watered. Yesterday was the same scenario except I held off on the watering, they didn't feel like they needed it this morning either.

I did however give everyone Brix Foliar yesterday at 4 mils to 150 mils of water. All the plants seemed to love it.

6. Oh!

And the Deathstar that I picked up from Canna has finally rebounded! She did not like her transition into High-Brix at all haha She has been totally droopy for the last 4 days, this morning I opened the tent and she was prayin to the light! Very excited to see her start growing.

7. Can you fill the bottom of the soil through a hole if it's dry just fill the catch pan with some water

8. Sweet bro I'm excited to. I want to see what she does in the brix.

9. The soil at the drainage holes seems like it is right on the edge of being dry. I am planning on bottom feeding anyway because with the heat I have been getting quite the influx of bugs in my tent... Some of which look like gnats, but none jump out of the sol when I agitate it.

Going to keep the top layer of soil dry and bottom feed my plants from now on.

10. Hell yeah dude I am stoked. I was very happy to see her this morning, looked like a totally different plant!

Should be just a few days before she is growing again! I think I Slowed the process down a bit when I gave her the De-Stress Foliar spray... she didn't seem to like that at all.

11. I use sand for playground at top.
    Nothing in soil will survive and roots till the sand as a top layer over the soil.
    May not be useful in bloom with HB and amendment.

Attached Files:

12. Sand will also stop gnats from laying eggs

Gnat stix help.

13. Hello my friends. Hello max. Stopping by to drop some likes.

14. Thanks for the idea Dark... I will definitely look into it. I might just shoot Doc a quick email and see what he recommends or how he feels about having sand mixed into the HB Soil.

It isn't an issue yet, but I would definitely like to incorporate some counter-measures just to be safe. I'm going to go pick up some of those yellow sticky pads as well.

Hey Helion! Hope you're having a good day my friend, thanks for dropping by!

15. Sand is just on top and don't mix in but ask Doc it may not be necessary if Brix gets high enough.
    I would not do it in Bloom with HB or suck it of with vacuum cleaner later.
    I do a pic when I transplant next time the sand just ran of and you see not much soil just roots.
    And it helps me keep humidity down after watering but think I have to get an AC for that.
    Will see how it goes at the new space soon.
    If you try take sand for playground not to fine and clean and very cheap.

16. Will you be bottom feeding with a pan filled with water/nutes at all times, or will you just be replacing top feeding with the traditional ebb/flow bottom feeding schedule?

Or do you have something else in mind?

17. Heres some more likes for all of you. Waiting for Max to update us. Check out my babies btw, only day 10 and they are fat and happy like a chubby asian child who just got home from mcdonalds...

18. Thank you so much for the info Dark! I am sending Doc an email today as I have a few more questions for him so I will be sure to bring that up. Maybe I should get a refractometer... Hmmmm :)

I wouldn't have figured the sand would come off the top so easily, I figured it would et washed into the soil and roots and what not, but if it just chills on top doesn't seem too bad. Feel free to post a pic on this thread my friend.

19. I have 25" Drip Trays and I usually bottom feed through those.. I only needed one of my two for today so I ended up using my clone tray for the other two pots.

But yeah I was just going to put water in the drip trays and let them soak it up. Since I water before I leave for work they are just gonna have to sit in it all day or until they soak it up.

:)
    About to post some pics Helion! :) your babies are growing up fast for sure man, checked me out last night, they look good!

20. Alright everyone! Just some quick pictures and updates. The Strawberry Diesels and Seedlings have been in the tent now for about 3 weeks I think. The Blue Diesel has been in the tent 2 weeks and the Deathstar 1 week.

The Strawberry Diesels are doing great now. Back on track finally. I am so excited to finally flower this strain out. Seedlings have both been pretty awesome growers their whole life. Gonna take off the top two fan leaves on Blue Berry later today. Probably going to top Berry Bomb tomorrow.

Blue Dream will have to be topped here soon as well.... No estimated dates on her but I just need her to be relatively similar in height to the other plants.

Today all of the girls minus the DeathStar were bottom fed their Transplant drench. Mixed at just under 2 mils of Transplant to 1 gallon of water.

Put 3 gallons in the big tray and 1.5 in the clone tray, then I put .5 gallons of normal tap in the Clone Tray to even things out for the Blue Dream.

Here is what your plants should look like before watering, especially on High-Brix. DocBud (the creator of this HB Kit) insists on letting the soil dry out very well in between waterings. Promotes vigorous root growth. And I'm sure we have all heard the saying....

MORE ROOTS MORE FRUITS! :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435673303.188273.jpg

See the slight drooping? Perfect time for a watering.

Here is what the set up is looking like right now:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435673355.441491.jpg

I'll take pictures after the topping and defoliation later today. Thanks for following along everyone!