Dutty Panty the Suburban Grower

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dutty Panty, Jun 2, 2015.

1. I figured you passed out lol.

2. So if my boat quits flipping Everytime I have a buyer I'll be going all platinum led they absolutely work. The tent is looking better than my room
    So I took pics right before I jumped in the morning tubby

1438353894693.jpg
    1438353863680.jpg 1438353877208.jpg

Ok so here's the plants can't get into tent now so unless I use a pole it's hard to get photos in the back.

Pestelence S1
    1438353964130.jpg 1438353982068.jpg

9# Hammer
    1438354003307.jpg 1438354019593.jpg

Jillybean
    1438354038985.jpg 1438354054384.jpg

Blue Diesel
    1438354074836.jpg 1438354105727.jpg

Tent temps and humidity
    1438354134491.jpg

So yes Led is doing better whole grow compared to hps in bloom and t5 in veg still some time left though. They have only been blooming 28 days tomorrow so about 30-45 more days.

I used my first hid setup in 2001 it was a 400 mh/hps setup and I sucked. In all my years growing and I'm really familiar with two of these genetics this is the best growth structure and overall happier plants in general. I'll hopefully be getting my first p1200 shortly and will buy the initial other two by end of August lots of bills right now and boat isn't selling.

3. That's what I like to hear.

4. Looking great dutty 😆

5. Thanks cheese. Yeah also not only is platinum led cooler running then my bloom room it's drawing less electricity and best of all they drink very Lil so I'm saving cash on the house and garden nutrients. These Leds are changing my grow.

6. just gorgeous plants man. It's just some to do with the lights man, the rest is all Sir Dutty bra

7. Yeah I really haven't done much I think led is as good if not better than hps overall all. Can't believe I'm saying that.

I'm glad doc,smitty,and others on the failure forum recommend I at least try. It was hard picking between all the negativity towards each others led companies but mark at platinum was easy to deal with and I'm happy.

I think led technology is there

8. I couldn't agree with you more on led tech of today. Within the next year, it will far surpass hid hps mh

9. Oh yea it's here to stay and only get better

10. Your plants are insane. That jilly bean sure looks great, and just sounds tasty! Awesome update, great to see your stuff doing so well. I'm curious if you don't mind me asking, have you noticed any change in your bill? Or you didn't shut down any HPS just added the 600's? I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere before. Have a great night.

11. It dropped 400 every two months by pulling this out keep in mind I recently hit 2300$ for 2 months

3 t5 fixtures
    1 thousand watt hps
    8 independent t5 bulbs
    4 (600 watt hps bulbs) and 2 dual 600 ballasts.

So less heat as well I'm expecting to go to about 450$ per month soon do to led and smaller size.
    Check this thread out one of my more recent funny posts.

12. undo ot solder a new one in theres like 4-6 points to solder so shouldnt take too long :)

13. Thank you for sharing the info on your findings with your bill. I'm still amazed at these lights. Last night I put 2 solo cups with some 2 week old seedlings in them under the platinum for the 1st time and after 11 hours the growth is almost unbelievable compared to the 8 bulb 40K lumen T5 they were under. All with less heat and power draw. It's almost too good to be true haha I'm amazed.

14. No update on tent today as I leave for camping shortly I will tomorrow evening. I bet the buds are noticeably bigger.

For now I will leave you with my two teenie tiny autos sour diesel auto or something 1438442564369.jpg 1438442579064.jpg 1438442593998.jpg 1438442620048.jpg

15. I forgot they were autos so hence the small pot and they just hang out with my peppers zero nutrients only water lol.

And that bottom picture is a Dutch treat in a 15 gallon

16. Looking damn nice in here Dutty :)

17. Thanks wax. Throw a link up here to your journal so us app users can jump over there my man.

18. No kidding hey? Mark seems like a sweet dude. Very easy to get along with, respectful, and most of all, positive. He answered all of my questions and made sure that I understood and all of my questions were answered before saying goodbye. I had done quite a bit of reading about PAR and other background information so I could ask the right questions, so that helped a lot. You can't expect someone to explain something like light spectrum theory in detail. Do your learning you lazy...........lol, JK. [​IMG]

When I bought my HPS a year ago I wanted to buy and LED, but didn't think I knew enough to make an informed decision. I didn't want to spend $600 on a light that was crap, so I bought an HPS. So I read up. In my opinion, to be well informed on the subject, someone who wants to learn should;
    -Find out what PAR or Photosynthetic Active Radiation is, and why it matters.
    -Find out what Chlorophyll is and what is does
    -What is the spectral range of solar radiation that plants can use for photosynthesis?
    -What is photosynthesis?

PAR measurement is used in agriculture, forestry and oceanography. One of the requirements for productive farmland is adequate PAR, so PAR is used to evaluate agricultural investment potential

I know some of these seem like simple, basic concepts that you learned in elementary school, but I was having a hard time fully understanding things forwards and backwards until I reviewed the most basic processes at work.

PAR IS the most important determining factor. A light's ability to provide useable light, or "Photosynthetic Active Radiation" or plants is what forest and agriculture industry use to determine if a given site is a viable location for a farm. If you want to know what works, follow the money!

Plaid