New grow in 36x36x73 Tent FAQ forum need Advice

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by nbtrouble, Jun 1, 2015.

1. #1 nbtrouble, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    Hey there everybody,
    Thought I would make a thread as i just rejoined the community recently and am getting a new grow started in a little milliard 36x36x73 tent i picked up. I Am still deciding on many things, have a general direction im taking it, wanted to get a little debate going before i started setting up again. First off i have been keeping a little writte n note journal with ideas and supplies comparisons and such, its been a couple years since my last grows so im starting from scratch again. I aqm planning on doing a little combo to compare yields. 3-4 soil/perlite custom grow med. and 1 DIY DWC in 5 gal(focus) , went big on the light with a 1000 w MH for veg and 1000 hps for flower on an appolo package. Only went big because temp satays cool in basement and ventilation shouldnt be an issue with the setup im cuncocting. (sp?), which is my cooltube lamp with 6 in inline exhaust fan, and ducts of course, still waiting on CF. ANyway we'll see what temps are after setup. My main questions or debate topics are going to be about the DWC and equipment diff most  likely, i might go off topic a bit if i think of something else whilest im typing which happens on the reg.

For firsties I am debating on clay pellets and soaked rockwool or coco coir or coco coir surrounded by clay pellets, any advice on DWC grow mediums?

Also on DWC subject is it a good idea to install water level tube, or air tube at bottom or whatever, ive always just done pump, tubing, air stone and never worried about the hoole in the botto with elbow joint and tube sticking up 1/2 most likely, if that now makes sense, ive seen them on DWC buckets u buy buy but am not sure of the ppoint? if someone could help with explaining the reasoning of this that would be amazing!

Going to be pushing a lot of light therefore heat, any exhaust and or vent advice or pointers? not a huge tent and with dwc sort of interested to see humidity also, live in midwest.

Like i said planning on foxfarm ocean soil mixture, any preffered medium advice or options? was prolly gonna keep simple as stated but willing to experiment for sure. (foxFarm nutes also)

Speaking of nutes-any preffered DWC nute solutiuons? not sure if i can just use the same with some PH up/down depending or if i should get seperate? lots of little detail questions really...and feel free to respond wherever you can want to get a good FAQ thread going i suppose.

if some of te holes for exhaust on my tent are 4' and i have 6' fans and duct should i just make hole bigger carefully? gotta be cheaper than buying all new stuff right?

Hmmm what else can i think of at this exact moment that ive been obssesing over in my research the last few weeks.... lets see, how about the last be just any genral advice or questions you have please feel free, i love criticism also so dont be scared, felllows with other questions please feel fre to ask also...im sure all info will help me also!!! thankyou very much for reading and again anything is greatly appreciated, will check back soon!

May the Force be green,
    Nbtrouble

P.S have pics of anything or specs on anything anyone needs, super exccited so need new set of eyes been a min want to make sure im not tunnel vission here. looking for largest yield always best qual.not hoping for anything though, keeping relativerly cheap but efficient hoipefully and experimentation is necessary with no recent proven way, open to all, also want somewhere reliable and proven to pick up some new strains online if anyone can send links or give me a name lol be immensly helpful, gonna go with nirvana if noone gets back to me most likely. done alot of research on the subject BUT like i said i need someoutside prespective on this project to make sure i dont have obssesive tunnel vision. Thanks again.

2. IMO 1000w is wasted light for that small of space. If you have a digital ballast, I'd go 75% or even 50% for that small of space. 

3. right i do, and that is why, but would have been silly to get 600 for damn near same price, and from my experience more light never actually killed anything even if it was overkil, but thats why i got dimmable also, ill see what heats at that was main concern with such small space

4. I went with sensi grow\bloom ph perfect for dwc. I used roots organic for my lil soil grow its add water only no nutes did good grew two nice girls and four big boys. I have a 600w hps and two 300w led. They are frostier on the led sides than hps. Im subbed in. How long will you veg them

5. we'll see what happen, im gonna top 1-2 of the soill girls so well see how that affects them, but like to keep it standard closer to 6, just depends, personally i dont mind about height too much as long as there healthy and not stretchin skinny bean stem status. I got some strains that hopefully have some dense bud structures so ima try to have a tree if possible ig so i could go longer we'll just have to see, couple weeks in long as all going well ill prolly start seting up my short little veg/clone tent under t5's, but again well see unfortunately bit premature to say at this point. and roots organic? not familiar anyway to specify that, im a little more familiar with sensi grow products, a couple people i know liked them and would suplemtn for some FoxF stuff. Anyway ya just put the tent up workin on vent now, still waitin on my CF, never set up the beggining of my exhaust chain without CF before, any suggweestions from anyone about that? should i just leave that sidde of my cooltube open instead of attaching anything yet till i get that?

6. roots organic is some organic i picked up from the hydro store. I do not have a cf i just point my lil fan straight at the open front.

Attached Files:

7. Sensi is strong nutes my big plant is only at 700 and it burnt her good

8. so you have some bubble buckeets goin? 4 you said? ive dione a couple before and had decent results, always a lil more risk as far as im concerned. Since i am doing a few in soil anyway i am now heavily considering just saying fuck it and going all soil. Not a lot extra money really for the DWC obvi or anything like that but idk if a comparison experiment is worth it at this point being a new environment for me and all. 2 different cycles and all that on top, i think im just going to keep it simple now that its all set up.Gonna grow the biggest thickest trees i can in an ocean forestxperlitex coco coir mainly mix, just seems the simplest most guaranteed way to go atm, ive been supper excited to start this BB and stuff but its not always striking me as the most logical thing, especially since the other day i was randomly robbed at gunpoint, makes you reconsider every deceision uve ever made lol.

9. I'm leaning towards 12/12 from seeds about 10 in all organic In my 400watt cabinet. My big tent two big monsters. Be careful buddy. Keep your grow quiet. Tell no one. I'm subbed in I read on here all day and I'm sure more growers will stop in and help you out.

10. Got my seeds in mail from the vault today, came in very discreet repackaged DVD from UK. Awesome stuff really.got here less than a week too, highly recomend so far, well see germ rates.i picked up 4 WW x BB 3 Cheese, and got a freebie OG Kush i believe. couldnt be happier they actually got here. also ordered from nirvana same time. still waiting on those but hopefully soon, those my quantity seeds want to check out the genetics.

11. Need some help not sure why my babies wilt in, started them outside till got tent set up now have them inside under 1000w mh at 50%, so 500w, here all of the setup , couple still waiting on sprout , over water? Or transplant stress? Started in lil peat things, any suggestions to savem and getem back on the right track ? Temp and such is fine not sure what humidity at but just using passive air intake and put an exhaust fan 240 cfm up top, hit me with ANY and ALL suggestions please and thank you, save my babes

12. Need some help not sure why my babies wilt in, started them outside till got tent set up now have them inside under 1000w mh at 50%, so 500w, here all of the setup , couple still waiting on sprout , over water? Or transplant stress? Started in lil peat things, any suggestions to savem and getem back on the right track ? Temp and such is fine not sure what humidity at but just using passive air intake and put an exhaust fan 240 cfm up top, hit me with ANY and ALL suggestions please and thank you, save my babes

Attached Files:

13. you have them under MH already? Light may be too intense . I use t5 until 2nd week of nutes and roots have hit water.

14. Think my light might have actually been lil far away possibly, got it at Ile 31 inches away now and seems to be doing much better, my sprouts are decently healthy. Lil but of leaf Bendin action goin on with two smalller ones but gonna give couple days see what happens

15. As a whole they looking good, just some nirvana randoms, but the first leaves of the oldest plant...bout 2 weeks maybe lil more...has this weird yellowish brown on the top of that one set of leaves , all new growth looks pretty fantastic, also can anyone recommend an organic pesticide for nats and lil things I see very rarely, don't wantem to start multiplying though...any ideas appreciated

Attached Files:

16. nethhing guyyyyys????????

17. this obviously is in no way my forum andmmy aplogiesfor this minor takover but this small community seems very interested in iriish and the grow in genreaal,i got a little tent grw set up ill send some pics, need s much advice as is possible at this stage most mature maybe 2 1/2 week veg, cunew growth loooing good soome of the bottom fan leaves either got some soill issue on top of them or idk what neeed help on that for sure. Setup is 3x3x6 tent 1000 MH veg atm, for all stages of veg, willl move youner to other when i switch to ny hps for flower but for now all vegging, cool tube reflector with 240 cfm fan exhaust out top and passive air intake open on other side with intake box fan attached.will add pics all help appreciated.... THANKYOUSOMUCHCOMMUNITY for your suppor on my initial grow with this tomato plant in bavk btw setup.

18. Check out pics in sick plants, or first grow ever forum biatch to keep reposting just needed some help on tablet atm

19. Get a good pH probe for your soil, or a meter to check the runoff. I bet your pH is out of wack, and you've got lock-out.
    Your water/nutes need to be pHed as well. You mention nothing of doing any of this. The soil and your watering needs to be between 6.0-6.5.