christian faith is illogical

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HugeEgo, Jun 1, 2015.

1. #1 HugeEgo, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    Yes i'm aware south park already explained this better than I could many years ago, In their example they used handicapped people who can't speak to prove Christian faith is stupid, you preach '' a person must repent before they can enter heaven'' well what about handicapped people who can't speak ? think about it.....

And I want to get a bit deeper into this, Take someone like me for example, i'm an ugly mutherfucker, I wasn't born with any real talent whatsoever so if I was to go '' columbine'' would I be wrong ? how ? god made me this way so it's his fault......

isn't that how it works ? If someones born a paedophile isn't that gods fault ? same thing with rapists ?

You preach '' god sent man to earth to test them'' how the fuck does that work ? a beautiful women is going to be tested a hell of a lot less by life than me..... does that mean I get special treatment in heaven if I pass the test because I had to overcome harder challenges ?

Why should someone who was born perfect get the same reward I get when I had to work twice as hard for it...... think about it......

god wouldn't test people the way Christians believe because it wouldn't work....... everyone would have to be the same in order for the test to be fair true and pure........

anyway now I've given you something to think about I look forward you some insightful responses

2. Same thing i told you in another thread bro, you seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Thats probably why you use an illogical objection from South Park.

Also, keep in mind, the "Biblical Christianity" that most of us familiar with is far removed from the roots of the religion. I agree western biblical christianity is a load of nonsense full of internal contradictions, but your objections are logically unsound. If you really want to object to it, you should study it and understand what it is you are objecting to.

3. That's why it's called faith!  Damn it.

4. #4 Joint., Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    Religion is just a clever way to manipulate people, we think these hackers are good social engineers lol religious peeps the originals.

Take you're own advice this post is the definition is fence sitting, atleast im man enough to question things......

that's fair enough, I can respect that, good response :)

this is the point i'm making :) glad to see someone gets me

6. Fence sitting? I object to christians all the time but i actually know what im talking about.

7. I remember being really young, as in less than 10 years old. I had to go to church with my parents every Sunday, and I spent the time thinking about why grown ups believe the story. As a child who hadn't even embraced logic, it still seemed crazy to me.  I have now figured out why they believed, and it ain't because it's true. 

8. Faith is by definition illogical. Faith is hope, it is emotionally driven, not by evidence.

Christianity has its fallacies. I'm not very familiar with other religions, but I would bet that most have their fair share of fallacies as well. I was a Christian for years, it gave me hope and comfort when shit hit the fan around me. A few things I questioned, but I was ignorant of most fallacies of the religion. It took gradual eye opening for me to see both the logical and moral problems within the religion. I don't know what the straw that broke the camel's back was, but I eventually left all of the religion and faith behind and never looked back. I couldn't believe again even if I wanted to.

9. :)

Attached Files:

10. Where to start?
    First as others have said faith is by definition an illogical belief.     Christianity today is immoral because it offers blanket salvation from your mistakes because an innocent man was killed for them.  And what is the price of this salvation? You need only believe it's true.  Well that and practice ritualized cannibalism.

More importantly, I reject entirely your claim that you were born with disadvantages that cannot be overcome.    Unless you are mentally or otherwise disabled, you were born into a world with more opportunity than has any other human generation in history.  This is to include the great kings of the past and even Jesus of Nazareth.

I am so tired of people bemoaning their disadvantages! Shut up and work! Work every single minute of your waking life,  learn learn and learn. And when you have learned enough to create something of value for others, put everything you have and are on the line to bring it into the world.

This is how the great wealthy titans of our age have come to be! These great men and women were not created by God as great men and women, they came to be just as you did.  The difference is they made more of their opportunities. You may say that so-and-so was born more wealthy than you were and that is why they are more successful;  and it is true that they had some advantages. However their peers did not also inevitably become titans. Nor are titans uniformly from wealthy backgrounds.

More than anything the Titans are people who do not blame God for their inadequacies. They adapt and overcome!

11. more and more are graduating from superstition

It pleases mr

-yuri

12. #12 Father Ted, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Not seen the other thread but knowledge of this subject is not all about biblical edification. He makes some very sound, logical, observations and I shall assist his position with some specifics.

For example, the Catholic Church, in the 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae decreed the use of birth control (eg condoms) was not allowed. This was a renewal of the decree made a few decades earlier - "an offence against the law of God and of nature, and those who indulge in such acts are branded with the guilt of a grave sin".

Scholars have commented many times (as well as Catholic teachers) that condoms are a "barrier to God".

Now, lets take a look at this Catholic Church.

[​IMG]

Can someone with half a brain (not a Catholic) explain why the fuck this building has a roof on it? God is going to punish those builders in the same way he will punish aids victims.....

13. Please clarify what sound logical observation he had given?

Also, Catholicism is a western biblical christianity, which i already said was nonsense, with extra nonsense piled on top. Even though i find your objections lacking, i probably dont know enough about Catholicism to debate it.

14. #14 Father Ted, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    I'm unsure why you are using meaningless jargon.

Additionally you should take your own advice.

The notion that Catholicism is "western biblical Christianity" - what you mean by that exactly I'm unsure, is a palpable nonsense.

Roman Catholic Church. The clue is in the name.

His whole post was a logical opinion rather than a statement of fact. You understand the difference?

EG my first post was mostly fact with some opinions. Yours are all opinions passed off as fact and wrapped up in jargon to make you sound intellectual and ergo credible.

15. Also I'm still unsure what western biblical Christianity is?

Do you mean any Christian/Christian countries that become so after the King James Bible? (and presumably western by the mere fact that the English spread this vile faith and book to its empire)

16. Editing thread title

"Faith" is illogical

-yuri

17. I responded last night idk where it went.

I contrast western biblical Christianity with eastern orthodoxy, gnostics and the pseudepigrapha writings, oddly ignored by WBC.

18. I think it's important to remember that the bible isn't a book but a collection of books. Different cults (they're all cults) pick and choose which books to include - in a way best suited to control their followers by faith and in turn get their hands on their money.

Many books have been suppressed from the King James bible and most "Christian" bibles.

I keep picking on the Catholic Church but most are the same. These "institutions" merely exist to fulfil the financial and sexual greed of the people who run them. Anyone with half a brain can see that all Christian denominations are essentially devil worshipping sects. It's not just religions that operate in this manor. Freemasonry is no different. They all use ritual and a belief in God to control.

19. #19 inTHCwetrust, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    I dont get it.
    How can faith be illogical? Human nature demands faith. Every time a new culture is born, we make up new stories to understand who we are, why we are here, and what happens next. When gods die, new religions appear that the new society can accept. The meaning of life is to have faith in something. Faith in anything gives us the drive to get out of bed every morning.
    Zeus used to be a God
    Soon, Jesus will be a myth
    But they answer all the questions that are "currently" asked to provide instruction to keep going.

20. #20 Father Ted, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    That's your interpretation. Wanting to eat drives me to get out of bed every morning. If that was catered for then self improvement would be the only thing that would get me out of bed - enlightenment.

Do dogs have faith? Do cats?

People have faith because they are generally brainwashed or they are scared to face the fact that when you are dead you are worm food. For me it all comes down to Darwinism. The weakest follow (intellectually).

PS in regards to some of the comments regarding everyone having the same opportunities in life, that's the biggest load of bullshit ever (certainly in the UK). You may not think this isn't linked to faith, but it does as does it link to opportunity. The Royal family keep their sycophantic followers licking the royal bum whole, largely through the Church of England.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/may/10/schools.alevels2004 - cheating in exams is illegal

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/prince-harry-caught-smoking-pot-drinking-1.80686#.VZa0TflViko - can someone explain how someone who has police protection 24/7 gets hold of, and smokes an illegal drug (weed) and doesn't get arrested?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822883.stm - instant dismissal for any normal person and these days in the UK would face prosecution for a "hate crime".

And for those in the US:

[​IMG]