first grow, pc box, 300w led,

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by schwammerlklauber, May 31, 2015.

1. small update, new pics of the three blackberries. they are all the same age, and treated the same..

so, what am i doing wrong to two of them? Oo
    http://imgur.com/a/PTTd1#0

2. Not certain but could you be over watering? I have never used coco coir so maybe I'm off base but they have excellent color, no spots, just limpy.

I'm eager to see what others say about it.

Yes also looks overwatered to me:
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/drooping-over-water-cannabis-vs-under-water-cannabis
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/overwatering

4. Overwatering is one of the number one beginner mistakes. I did it too and killed one of my girls :(

With Coco Coir I'd recommend watering until about 20% runoff to get rid of the salts that build up in Coco.

Good luck.

5. thanks made. already doing that. and flushing every two weeks.

6. over watered for sure.  I've fought with that all through my first grow and resorted to watering less more frequently.  I'm doing 16oz's in a 3 gallon pot.  These seems to laster her about 2 days where before I was watering until I had run off.  This caused her to droop.  Every pheno is different and some want more and some want less water.  You just gotta find the sweet spot for yours.  I don't use coco, bottled nutrients, or hydro so I don't have to worry about flushing or whatever.  But over watering is over watering.. Cut back on the amount you're giving them especially if you see that the drooping happens very close to watering time.

7. fed my runoff to my pansies. they seem to like it. [​IMG]

8. group picture:[​IMG]

looks a bit crowded, but it kind of has system.. i think.

two of them are photos and are going to be the grow after this one, and maybe mothers.
    thats the top left(freddies best) and that more sativa looking one(sensi star).

the two in the jiffies are pretty sure not gonna make it..

that leaves 6 plants im going to try flower on this cycle. three blackberries and three royal dwarfs(those are the ones in the planted jiffies. im currently working on a closet thats gonna be 45 by 45 cm.

9. #50 schwammerlklauber, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    [​IMG]

here is what i am building so far. bottom right is the intake, and might become a veg chamber with cfl later.

the air should then go through the seperating wall into the grow chamber on the left. and then back to the right, where you can see the unconnected carb filter.

edit: behold my MsPaint skills..

10. Thats a nice closet you have there! Are you gonna seperate it in a veg, flower and mother chamber? (and some additional spaces for nutes and electronics etc)

11. Maybe later. I could do a veg chamber on the right below the fan chamber if i redirect some air...

Currently priority is to lightproof the holes and door, and try too soundproof a litte. Fucking "ultra silent" fan is still loud..

12. What kind of fan you going to run in there. I think I read somewhere on here that air needs to be changed every 3 minutes.

13. #54 schwammerlklauber, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    a prima klima that does up to 420m3/hr. Yes. 420.

But i run it on half speed which is still enough.

Edit: filter is rated 480

14. it is done. what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i repotted the plants yesterday already. seems like they really like these "gronest" pots (which are mostly like smartpots, but come in more sizes). no visible stress at all. growing like never before.

15. Wow that is awesome dude! Beautiful closet :D
    Do you have more pictures from the ventilation and electronics? Really like to see it for inspiration for upgrades :)

16. And can you also explain how you maked the door sealed and the cabinet soundproof? Thanks! :D

17. [​IMG]
    there is not much electronics in it right now. just the fan and the led panel. as for sealing, i used these self adhesing things for windows. and for soundproofing, used a bit op PU foam, that did help somewhat, but was hard to get it stick on the walls, and did not stick at ceiling at all. i staple bubble foil onto the door and the ceiling. its still not silent, but better.

18. Very cool. You really get a lot more space when the fan is out of the grow space