first grow, pc box, 300w led,

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by schwammerlklauber, May 31, 2015.

1. Mate, that's the go, it'll love the light and a bit of warmth 29deg is fine, not perfect but absolutely ok, the leaves do still look heavy with water, you'll find once the Coco dries of over the next couple of days the leaves will start reaching upward, give them another week then start with the nutrients at a slightly diluted ratio. Looking much better though.. Good luck.

2. Very nice to see your plants bounce back in the most recent pictures. Also like your grow or die mentality :D

3. i just checked the ec of  my water .. 0.05 or 50 micro siemens. gotta love a well to fossil water.

4. #24 TrickSpades, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    Subbed. Good luck man. Remember KISS.

Edit: especially for a first time grow.

5. #25 schwammerlklauber, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    Yeah. I just borrowed the meter ;)

Also, simple does not mean easy xD
    At least according to arch.

6. #26 schwammerlklauber, Jun 4, 2015
    update time, just after "dried up until light as feather, and fresh water cycle"

[​IMG]
    this blackberry plant seems happy as fuck now. good for her. (1)

[​IMG]
    this one seemed to still struggle, so i removed the two big, damaged leaves to give the roots time to catch up. this one was the biggest for a while (2)

[​IMG]
    i dont know what to make of this one. but im giving her time and see what happens. "3"

im quite happy to announce some different strains, so i have something to compare by.
    [​IMG]
    nice fresh sprout of "freddies best" from DP. (fb)

[​IMG]
    and a clone of a quite proven "sensi star" mother. i personaly dont know this strain, and opinons range from "complete schwag" to "the bees knees". however the pheno of this one is strong. so im going to LST it a bit [​IMG] (s*)

edit: i added numbers to all pictures in this thread so you know which is which.

7. Looking good man! Also nice LST :D

8. #28 schwammerlklauber, Jun 4, 2015
    while im currently gathering some experience, i'm still trying to figure out how to get the maximum out of my very limited room. i could either go two plants in one gallon smartpots with LST. or about 8 smaller plants in 1 liter pots in a sea of green fashion. the later seems easier since height is limited too.. and smaller pots have more clearance on top. on the other hand, i cant LST with that density, so if they grow too high,..

im also unsure if i want to do autos or normal in the end. if i go auto, i could have more stages. thats a bit more interresting and i can do different stuff. same thing for 8 smaller plants. could do different strains.

so what do you think? two photos, with topping, and lst, or 8 dwarf autos? desides yield, what is more fun and more relyable in your opinon?

also, i ordered myself some smartpots variation called "gronest". these plastic bags are just ewww. i got myself 1L 2L and 4L pots, enough of each to fill my space in any variation for about 15€

Autoflowers are cool, but you can't do as much with them. They have a set lifespan and any stress caused to them (topping, FIMing, and transplanting) is basically just wasting time because they don't have enough time to recover.

10. #30 dr_baskin_rays, Jun 4, 2015
    I'd like to see an led scrog with the two photo -periods. I'm planning one but more references the better

11. #31 schwammerlklauber, Jun 4, 2015
    i got a freebie of royal dwarf past selling date. ill see if they germinate ;D

on a sidenote, what are good tv shows to watch while mildly stoned? im gonna try A-Team

12. With your limited space my suggestion would be to grow 2 or maybe 3 at one end of your box, even if they share a 4ltr bag/pot and then LST them towards the opposite end of your grow box. Once your getting close to the other end set up a low scrog net, and this would only need to be about 75 to 100mm above the height of your pot, then flick over to 12/12 and enjoy watching your grow space fill with bud. This will also make feeding and watering a lot easier than runn a SOG in a tight space,
    anyway mate good luck just an option for you.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." --jimi hendrix

13. #33 schwammerlklauber, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    plants seem to respond well to either the increase in humidity or listening to iron maiden; or a combination of both. this is what i get for changing two parameters at once [​IMG]

three of the five royal dwarfs are already sprouted, very nice.

Blackberry (2) opened up a bit and looks now like (1) only slightly smaller. (3) is still unchanged.

"Freddies Best" has now overtaken the smallest blackberry (3) in size.

The S* clone is probably busy rooting. I fed the Blackberries, and gave all of them a low dose root stimulant.

Bob's Burgers, Archer, Trailer Park Boys.

15. Pass, the cranberry sauce, we're having mashed potatoes!

16. [​IMG]

17. (1) is growing nicely now
    [​IMG]

(2) is trying to catch up
    [​IMG]

(3) is now growing a bit too
    [​IMG]

(FB) is looking good too
    [​IMG]

(s*) is adjusting to LST, transplant of rockwool cube to coco seems very painless.
    [​IMG]

group picture of the (rd), two seem a bit slower than the rest.
    [​IMG]

now doing half strength feed to the bigger ones, the wee ones still on water.

18. schawm they're looking beautiful. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks!

19. is that 300 watt hot in the pc?

20. #40 schwammerlklauber, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
    Not if you have circulation enough. I bring the plants up real close without problems, the temp inside is about 2C over ambient when its on.

But keep in mind, the leds are inly driven for about 180 watt.