Need advice on setup. Use actual closet or use a tent? Suggestions and criticism highyly welcomed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by chlorophilly, May 30, 2015.

1. Hey everyone,

Chlorophilly here.

I started a thread in absolute beginners about this, but since now im actually starting my build i figured id move here instead.

Im gonna try and make this short and sweet.
    1432997574581.jpg
    So this is the area im thinking about using. It is a closet in my batroom that really isnt used, as we have an identical one on the other side ofnthe batroom.
    Anyway, originally i had thought i was going to buy a tent and put it in there, but after actually starting to get the ball rolling, i realized my closet wasnt as big as i originally thought, and puting a box inside of a slightly larger box was redundant, and that id just turn the closet into a permanent grow space.

SO! With that being said, Im planning on moving forward without the tent, just the closet. Unless you guys think its a bad idea or something, but i dont think you will ;)

Things ive already bought:
    400w mh/hps air cooled hood

6 inch 240cfm fan (should i get bigger?)

25ft of 6 in ductwork

6 inch carbon scrubber (when i ordered it, i didnt realize how MASSIVE this thing was)

Misc items such as ph up/down, gh flora nutes, temp/rh monitor, ppm meter

Nirvanas feminized northern lights are on their way

Now, im brand new to this, self teaching via reading this forum/internet. So far, its been a lot of reading, planning, and a hint of impatience to get this thing going, which is why any and all suggestions and tips are very appreciated and welcomed.

Taking it further, i have an idea for ventilation that id like criticism on:
    1432999216961.jpg

So the closet im planning on using is right next to an 8 ft long WALL of cabinets that go all the way up to the ceiling.

Im thinking about cutting a hole in the wall and running ductwork into the top cabinet and suspending the scrubber in there. That way its exhausting the hot stinky air out of the closet.

As for intake, i thought about installing an intake vent in the closet door, as there is an ac vent close, so my oscillating fans will pull cool air from that in the closet.

I plan on getting sheets of mylar from home depot for the walls of the closet. I havent really researched that aspect yet, so any better suggestions are welcome.

That's pretty much all i got for now. I think im on the right track, but some positive reassurance would be nice :p

Thanks for reading my post!! Im excited to move forward with this with a littke help from you guys hopefully.

Happy growing!!