Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does marijuana make you lose weight?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Chodey, May 30, 2015.

1. I was obese my entire life up until around 14 when I started smoking consistently. I went from 185 down to about 160 and looked pretty damn good weight-wise if i must say myself.

I stopped smoking in January of this year and from then until now (~6 months) I have gained that weight back and I am now 186.

It is not super noticeable, but you can tell ive gained some weight, I don't look anywhere near as bad as I used to though.

I watch my calories, do at home work outs 3 times or so per week, and play basketball around 3 times a week as well, and i cant lose the weight again.

I can finally smoke again this coming up Wednesday since I'll be finally off of probation (IM HYPED) and I'm wondering if i'll lose this weight again somehow?

I'm thoroughly convinced Marijuana causes me to lose weight... Any facts behind this? Thanks guys.

2. I'm confused are your asking will weed make you gain weight?

3. aaayyy nigga the herb made me lose like tree hunnid and fitty pounds cuzzz

4. Yo i actually do think it makes you lose weight. I mean look at all these famous stoners, wiz, snoop, dave chapelle, willie nelson... What do they all have in common? They're all skinny as fuck. I myself am skinny as fuck. Therefore, through analytical deduction, i can conclude that weed does make you skinny.

Though i knew some fat fuck back in high school who smoked alot. Maybe the munchies overwhelemed him or something.

5. #5 ravinglogs, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    Think of stoners in general... 99/100 times you'll find they're tall and skinny and have the metabolism to go eat 17 Big Macs in one sitting without gaining any weight and we do this on a regular day to day basis too.... It speeds up your metabolism is what I've been told but... Alas I am very skinny so I haven't really cared much :p
    6 foot and 130 lbs :p

P.s.
    One time I got baked and thought I had a tape worm lol because I was like.... "Hmm I'm eating all this food but I don't remember going to the bathroom..." So I got freaked out xD

6. Lol im 6 foot and 135 :D

7. 185 is obese?? i weigh that in muscle alone think i need to lose some weight?

8. #8 Ethnicity, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015

Damn bruh, that's some fucked up shit to say lmao.

9. and no way in hell it was marijuana that made you lose weight..

10. Haha, he was kind of an asshole so I won't lose sleep over it. He always hogged the blunt too, slobbering all over it like the fat fuck he was

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

Ahhhhh one of those. Ugh. I see, my bad. Even if he was a dickhole I just had to make sure ya know? x) Protecting human rights man. 

12. MJ is a stimulant scientifically proven to raise heart rate and elevate the metabolism. So a stoner at rest will burn off more calories than a non stoner at rest.

I didnt think about it but it does make sense, higher heart rate would mean you're burning more calories. Plus i've heard from many people including some on this thread that it raises metabolism. I'm starting to believe it does play a role in losing weight. My 5 month T-Break ends in 4 days so I guess we will find out. [​IMG]
    If you have 185 pounds of muscle my man you must be a body builder or something. I should of mentioned BMI instead of sheer weight but trust me, I was pudgy as fuck. Couldn't do a single push up or anything i was fat as hell. Thats why i stated in the OP that i weigh now what i weighed back then and dont look NEARLY as bad.. Its due to me gaining hella muscle and being taller. So my weight is the same as the past but it has some to do with muscle/water weight.

14. Um...No. Gaining or losing weight is a matter of calories consumed to calories burned. Now if weed speeds up metabolism I have no idea. But other than that smoking is calorie free unless youre eating edibles or something.

15. It's a fact that weed does promote weight loss if you can resist the munchies. A wake and bake will do wonders for your metabolism.

16. #16 ravinglogs, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    So as far as the metabolism thing, scientists haven't actually tested it but there are a lot of cases of people dropping weight... (So it's not a fact)

Also think of your enzymes. They break down all that food and with the low blood sugar as well as higher heart rate they will speed up. They provide a route of lower activation energy, so the reaction is quicker because it doesn't need as much energy, (such as heat). That's why you can still be lazy and "lose weight" but you're not really losing it. You are burning muscle fat and keeping the same amount of fat fat. So make sure and work out. ;p

17. No. I've gained weight after getting more heavily into smoking.

18. yeah sure...if you spend all your money on weed instead of food. works a treat

19. Definitely speeds up your metabolic rate imo. I also read something a while back where it was stated that marijuana makes the body use energy more efficiently.

20. i like this topic , it hurts/.......... no weight to lose.