First outdoor grow w/ organic soil, need guidance on soil moisture

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by RushFan, May 30, 2015.

1. #21 Kesey, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    A dollop of daisyyyyy....lolol

Fuck that, 15 gallon or bigger...I started in 15's this year...KILLER RESULTS...I'll never do anything less
    Would make more sense to just make a properly ammended soil with compost and just fil it up, amirite? Then maybe down the road top dress? Probably..

Living mulch is a companion ground cover that serves as mulch for water retention as well as facilitate an environment for microbial life. I use white dutch clover per cc's recommendation, loving it so far [​IMG]. Cost me $2.50 lol..

2. #22 RushFan, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    Ha oh I wish i could do 15s but I'm in suburbia and my plants are literally five feet removed from a sidewalk where people walk their dogs, separated by a cinder block wall.

Thanks for explaining the living mulch thing, maybe I should just grow bean sprouts all over the top since those guys are growing in my soil mix anyways lol.. I actually have homemade compost making up 1/3 of my mix (cut a little bit with EWC) but it was suggested earlier for me to add mulch to prevent the evaporation and hard top layer I was encountering. I guess I'll have to watch and see what needs to be done if anything.

Please re-read this...

Does it make sense to you?

It doesn't make sense to me...

4. Nice plants!!

Just a tip about smartpots do not leave them on concrete because when it gets hot it will cook your roots.

Great looking girls keep up the good work!

Gypsum is good for this exact reason..the compacted top layer..

6. Thanks for the tip I'll put them on some pallets or something!
    Here's my girls 8 days after the image posted earlier. I should have done side-by-side for comparison but too late. They're doing great in this soil :)
    [​IMG]

7. Go with at least 5 gal pots. At 3 gal you run the risk of rootbound and/or used up nutrients. For stealth you can always lst. A 5 or 7 gal pot isn't much taller than a 3 & of course you'll have an exponentially larger harvest!