In need of flushing info

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by delinquentlink, May 30, 2015.

1. Have you ever cut a plant open and tasted the drop of water coming out of it?

2. hopefully it wasn't too nutrient rich for you.

3. nope....and I still think any simple step such as not feeding nutes for the last 2 weeks is a great way to help reduce synthetic nutrients in the final product. Therefore reducing it in what we smoke

4. Not feeding and flushing are to different things tho...I see what you did there! Agree to disagree. I will keep growing and smoking grade A connoisseur level pot and abandoning any steps that are outside of the professional farming culture.

5. Why dont you take the water drop and test the PPM.

Then flush a billion times.

Then cut the plant open and test the water drop again.

I bet the PPM numbers would change your mind about flushing.(Not that i have done this)

6. #26 SomeRandomNewb, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    this isn't the first thread he has just argued and argued. he's right we are wrong. 

why dont you take the water drop off the 2 week flushed plant and test the ppm of that and compare it to the ppm of the water drop off the non flushed plant & i bet the ppm numbers would change your mind about not flushing. (not that i have done this)

7. Outside the realm of commercial farming. Why are you ignoring this! No professional herb farm or any other farm for that matter flushes. why? because they went to college and have degrees.

8. Flushing 2 Weeks Before HarvestFor soil only.
    Myth: You have to flush your plants for 2 weeks before harvest or else it'll taste bad and be harsh
    Truth: Flushing for 2 weeks before harvest only hurts your plants more than helps.

Now everyone has heard about this one. Most people actually buy into it and flush their plants. How and why did this myth start? I am not sure. What I do know is that it is unnecessary and in fact does more harm than good.

When you flush your plants for 2 weeks before harvest you are starving them. So they start to cannibalize, taking nutrients and minerals from it's leafs and diverting it all to the bud. So when you harvest you have this half dead looking plant, but it tastes better right? Wrong.

If you flush it or not, nutes from your soil and the rest of your plant are still going up into those buds when you flush it. Besides that nutes don't drain out of a plant that way, the plant has to use it and convert it to energy to get rid of it. So it's going to be in your nug anyway. All your doing is depriving yourself of more growth and more resin production.

Plants shouldn't be yellow when you harvest them. You don't start strawberry plants for 2 weeks before harvest to get the nute taste out of them do you? No, because it doesn't work that way.

9. #29 SomeRandomNewb, May 30, 2015
    whatever you say man. why ignore my last post? because you know it holds value compared to what you said? what you say has no official backing rather than a guy who started a page about whats myths when you grow MJ. And what i say has no official backing just the thoughts of well.....everybody who grows weed.. well almost basically everybody but you. as i said if you can convince me what your saying holds truth i will try it out, till that day i will continue to do what every other marijuana grower is doing, and that is giving a proper flush. 

10. Am i right yet...The knowledge is from experience s0....

11. once again a guy who started a page about what are myths... im not convinced sorry dude. 

12. s0? whats that? or were you just saying so? ill take my experience with this last bag i had of shitty ass non flushed weed i had over yours. it tasted like garbage, as i said before id rather comprise my yield than be smoking nutrients. which im already doing because you are right whats in the bud is in the bud but i'd rather have that much less than that much more in it. 

13. even the term "chemically" tasting weed is overrated. Some strains smell like chemicals because the same terpenes are found in many household cleaning sparys.

They taste like chemicals because they are! Smoke them chemicals into your lungs.[​IMG]

14. Terpenes are natural products derived from plants that have medicinal properties and biological activity, the terpenes dont have the chemical smell in the cleaning sprays.. the chemicals in the cleaning sprays smell like chemicals. See your hardly even making an arguement now.. I'm going to bed now lol you moved from one subject to another.. I hope you have something good for me tomorrow. ! 

15. I guess we raised the bar here in California. Just like snoop said "California has the best weed in the world".

16. yep... definitely going to bed.. peace out.. nice little debate we had 

17. I looked at a specific terpene in cannabis. I found it made me sleepy and smelt of old purfume. Did some research. This sums up the research.

Terpineol â€“ Minor component of Cannabis resin, used extensively in the perfume industry. Interestingly this terpene decreases motility of lab rats by 45 percent, this observation coupled with the fact that this is a terpene produced primarily in Cannabis indica plants indicates terpineol could play a role in decreased motility sometimes referred to as “couch lock”. -ICMAG

18. So when pinesol(Household cleaner) and certain cannabis strains smell alike you can assume that they both carry the same terpene.

Thats why certain weed taste like fruits.

They have the same terpenes.

Its called common design. Its a very beautiful thing.

19. #40 killset, May 30, 2015
    you don't pay attention much do you, just like to argue.....I didn't do anything with anything. I said since the beginning either traditional flush or don't feed. It accomplishes the exact same thing. Maybe you haven't noticed the other thousands of threads that are on this subject. Lots of people call it a flush, rather you agree with it or not. I've seen you recommend to people to feed nutes with 3 "flushes" in between. That's not a flush by the traditional meaning. Traditionally flushing means 3x the water as the size of container, I never saw a need for that, just stop feeding nutes instead. I tried to simplify it for you by mentioning the 2 different ways I was talking about, guess that didn't work. You were too busy looking for inaccurate statements to see what was right in front of you. It might be more widely used then a traditional flush anymore. If you want to give nutes up until harvest go for it, for the rest of us that don't enjoy smoking those synthetic chemical, we'll keep on flushing or move to organics. Its not like its a difficult task to just not give nutes and give some extra water.