How does my first Scrog look?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by elmosellmo@gmail.com, May 29, 2015.

1. Hey everyone

I'm looking for any and all advice or comments on my scrog. I am running a 4x4 tent with a 1000w in an air cooled hood. I have a humidifier and an AC unit to keep my temps down (currently seeing maximums of 82). 

This Friday marks the end of the 5th week of growth. I had vegged for about 4 and a half weeks. I flipped it to flower and replaced the MH with a HPS two days ago.

I have several concerns, the first being the height of my scrog. I had originally planned for a 12 week cycle, but I felt that my scrog was not full enough after the 4th week. I installed my screen lower than i had originally intended. I started 4 blue dreams and 1 Florida gold (in the center) in 1 gallon smart pots before moving to the 5 gallons about 2 weeks in. I use a blumat system with an elevated reservoir to keep my plants watered, outside of when I hand watered for a flush the day before I switched to flowering. 

I feel like I should have tried to fit more plants (possibly up to 9) so that I didnt spend so much time stressing the five I have to fill the canopy. I topped twice on most plants, and because I'm a beginner, i accidentally broke one of the tops off of one of my plants. I LST'd after I saw the 5th node which is why the trunks are so short and contorted. 

I want to know if I have scrogged too aggressively, stunting my plants. Have I trimmed the plants back too hard (I did this the day I switched to flowering), and does the canopy look too sparse to begin flowering?

All of the pictures are from the day I switched, but some are before and after the pruning.

I appreciate any comments!

Attached Files:

2. Looks awesome man keep up the good work

3. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433643711.380784.jpg

Update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. #5 killset, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
    I never top my scrogged or lst'd plants. I don't see the point of removing 1 of 3 bud site so the other 2 can grow. Which also slows down the plant. By bending the plant over, transferring auxins to the other 2 sites, you get to keep all 3 bud sites. All 3 bud sites will grow larger and nothing is slowed down. It just doesn't make sense too loose a bud site and slow a plant down in a scrog.

That being said your looking good bro

5. Yea I was worried about that after I had done it. I was so overly worried with making sure it would fill the screen horizontally. I totally underestimated how zealous the plant is.

6. Some growers top a scrog, some don't. You gotta see what works best for you. I like keeping things simple myself. In my own personal experience my scrog fills faster without topping.

7. Just started showing preflowers. They are all in fact female

8. Love this. Good work man, just starting my first grow.. Got 3 x blue cheese by big buddah. Starting week 5 from seed. Have a DIY scrog net ready, hoping for some pics similar to urs. Respect G