Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxylating WEED Questions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RandomNigger, May 28, 2015.

1. OK i want to make edibles and I have been researching and have found decarboxylation is what you have to do to active THC from THCA, Wouldn't the THCA already get converted to THC when its cooked into a firecracker? and is there any need to decarboxylate weed if you have a low tolerance like I do ? 

I got told to do it you cook your weed at 310F for 15 minutes, Is this a right time ? and if I only do this for about 1 gram of material will it change ?

TLDR:
    Wouldn't the THCA already get converted to THC when its cooked into a firecracker?

is there any need to decarboxylate weed if you have a low tolerance like I do ? 

cook your weed at 310F for 15 minutes, Is this a right time ?

if I only do this for about 1 gram of material will it change ?

2. Hi RandomNigger! 

Let me see if I understand what you are asking:

It sounds like you are saying, "I have done careful research and found some random website with a recipe for making marijuana edibles. (But I am not going to share a link to this website so other people can read the recipe and know what I am talking about; I am going to keep it a secret all to myself.) This mystery recipe has confusing instructions, like specific cooking times and temperatures. Should I carefully follow this mystery recipe, or should I disregard this recipe and do something completely different?"

If this is actually your question, then my answer is, "I recommend you follow the recipe carefully and step-by-step, let us know how it goes, and share the link with the rest of us if you like the results." :)

3. @puddlegum: You had me at Hi RandomNigger.

@RandomNigger:  310F for 15-20 minutes will decarboxylate just fine, even with 1 gram.

4. I just made edibles this morning.  I cooked it for 15 minutes at 250, then put it in a firecracker and baked it at 300 for 20 minutes and then 325 for 4 minutes.  It took almost three hours to kick in but this is the highest I've ever been.  Super couchlocked.

5. I decarb at 220 for twenty minutes and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. this just popped up on the board, thought i'd share. Thoughts anyone?