Hempy coco buckets NEED HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Razin4420, May 28, 2015.

1. #1 Razin4420, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Hello everyone. So I am doing my first hempy buckets ever. I have them in 2.5 gallon pots, 3.5 gallon pots, and 5 gallon pots. Some of my leaves are starting to yellow on the bottom of the plant. 

I have chunky perlite filled in bottom of bucket passed the first two inches where I have my drainage hole. Then the rest of the mix is perlite and coco. I planted them about 5-6 days ago. 

I watered 1/4th strength with sensi a and b. voodoo juice, hygrozyme, and b-52. I was told by a friend to water extra the first tome so I watered them more than I probably should have the first time. 

Other than the yellow leaves my main issue is that the coco has not dried out much after 5-6 days. I am not sure what to do because I figure they need to be fed again. I planned on foliar feeding with b-52 today to give them something. But didn't know if i should wait to dry out more because they are pretty damn moist still. 

When I tip the bucket to the side water comes out of the reservoir through drainage hole, so should i tip them over and let all of the water drain out? or will that not do anything. Or should i wait a few more days and let them dry out more. 

Any advice would be helpful. I am a newbie so learning as I go. I will include some photos as well. Thanks dudes. 

Attached Files:

2. Rest of pics. 

Attached Files:

3. I also plan on spraying down with b-52 tonight in a foliar spray. Figure that would help it a bit. Would you guys recommend foliar spraying  plants for 3-4 days until the coco drys out. Like foliar spraying with my sensi a and b, hygrozyme, voodoo, and b-52? Just so they can get some kind of food?

4. Hi Razi. I grow in hempy as well, but new to this particular forum. Couple questions for you
    What is the temp in your grow?
    Ph of your nute mix?
    Is there any funky smell to your run off?

Lastly you don't want coco to dry out. A regular feeding every couple days helps replenish oxygen to your roots.

5. Stop with the 25% feed, they need full strength for their stage, go right by the directions in the bottle.

You want 300-600+ ppm of feed.Need cal mag bad too. PH 5.8-6.2 dont even bother with testing run off just put perfect solution in .

My last grow I started tiny sprouts at 1,000 PPM and had nothing but crazy good growth but I also was doing hydroton in a Flo and grow.

6. The temp is in between 73-78 consistently. The humidity at 50-55. Ph of nutes is 5.9-6. But like i said I have only watered once which was first day I watered. Then yesterday was the first day I watered about 75% of the pots again. This time I did a light watering just getting the root ball wet. There are still 7 pots which are the ones in the 5 gallon pots that I have not watered yet. 

There is a funky smell but not to bad. Should i drain out the reservoir until the roots have reached to the bottom of the plant?

7. Well I have been feeding them with 525 ppm my last feed which was only my second watering. I used sensi part a and b coco, voodoo juice, b-52, sensi cal mag, and was maybe thinking about adding some biobizz fish mix as a foliar spray