Nitrogen/Magnesium Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Orros, May 28, 2015.

1. Hello everyone!

I think I've spotted some Nitrogen/Magnesium Deficiency on my plant.

Plant is 3-4 weeks old, lower leaves have been slightly yellowing and a brown spot appeared on one of the leaves.
    So I fed them nutes, the flora series of GH all calculated with a chart.

So I've fed them 3 days ago now, it seem to be comming a bit more greener, but the leave with the brown spot just got worst, another brown spot appeared and the tip is curling up, so magnesium deficiency?

Here take a look on at the pictures.
    The two last pictures have been taken this morning, other photos 2 days ago.

View attachment 7181

If it is magnesium deficiency, should I just plain water next time or should I put some more Florabloom (Got some magnesium in this bottle)?

Or should I get a product specially for magnesium?

Thanks for the replies!

2. Hey there Orros. 

How often are you feeding and watering? And are you PH'ing your solution? Personally, the bulk of what I see from the pictures are signs of overwatering. The uniform droopy-ness typically indicates this. This is what I see initially and it's not too hard to deal with if that's the case.

Also, are you following the GH chart as it reads? I'm currently using the Flora Series at 1/4 the recommended strength and my plants are around the same size as yours. It's a good idea to make sure you PH the solution and don't go full on with the nutes initially, especially for new girls considering they shouldn't need all those nutrients right away anyways. Better too little than too much!

3. I water the plant every 3-5 days. The thing is that I made a mistake, I started the seed in those big pots, I didn't know it was important to start in smaller pots and transplant later, so yeah I had some overwater problem but now I wait until the soil is dry and my moisture meter is at 0 deeper in the soil.
    I started feeding them last week, very little. They seemed to have taken it well and I plain water between each feeding.
    At first my plant looked like Nit. Defs. so I fed them a bit more than I did last time. The leaves seemed to have taken a little more green, but the lower leaves seemed to worsen, so I tought i'd be magnesium defiency, So I went and bought some Epsom salt to add on my next watering.

Then yesterday I saw on 2 leaves ''The Claw'', nitrogen toxicity, and lower leaves getting yellower with more and more brown spots.

So I Ph my water around 6.5-6.8 and watered it so it flushes the nuts yesterday in the evening.

This morning I took a look at it and the claws seems less intense.

I'm gonna water with plain water next time again, and refeed them on the next time.

My second plant is looking great Though. Doesn't grow as fast as the first, but the colors are nice. But I noticed a very little yellow dot on one of the leaves. I'll see in the next days how they go