Ironheads method for success

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, May 27, 2015.

1. Would it be a bad idea to add in nutrients from other companies? I saw a video on youtube and I liked the looks of the garden.

Around the 1:45 mark, the guy explains his nute line up. Some of the nutes are just super expensive after a quick search, but some of them (Bud Candy and Big Bug) I've heard of via very reliable and well-established youtubers (medicropper and VaderOG). What are your thoughts on these two products in particular Iron?

2. I would suggest finding a method that you like and sticking with it for a while til you get your feet wet, then you can start experimenting adding different things here and there.

That stuff is from Advanced Nutrients.. I would be lying if I said it didn't produce some great lookin ganja, but damn that stuff is expensive. Their whole lineup is crazy pricey.. And they split everything up into their own bottle, which has no other reasoning other than taking money out of your pocket.

For what it's worth, you prolly won't find a cheaper method than this one. H3ad's formula comes close, but narrowly misses the mark as others have already figured out. Advanced's stuff will prolly be in the most expensive category and I seriously seriously doubt anyone could tell a difference between the 2.

3. Thanks for the quick response. I think I'll just stick to your formula for my first run and see how it goes. Keep it simple and cheap.

5. You won't be disappointed!

6. Stick with This Man " Ron"
    You will grow Great weed

7. First off i want to say thanks Ironhead for all this useful information! You have some awesome pictures on your instagram as well. I have read about 30 pages in and im about to head out to run some errands but wanted to ask if anyone has set up a reservoir with success to this system yet?

there are going to be a few days out of the week where i wont be able to do the daily watering so i was just curious if anyone has successfully set up a reservoir, if so i would to hear more about it.

8. So I took some clones.
    Cut at 45, shaved edges, dipped in hormone and planted to wet coco in a solo sitting in a tray of water.
    they're droopy as fuck and stuff.
    What did I do wrong?

9. Did you put a bag/dome over them to retain humidity?

10. #991 LinuxOwner, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    Did you trim back like 50% of the big ass leaves so they won't be droopy as fuck?

HTH,
    Linux

11. yes
    no but I'll get on that

12. Spritz them with some water, cover them, and I bet they will perk right up.

13. I agree wiff Nug.

Good Luck,
    Linux

14. Ya man.. Get a dome! I like to put a heat may under my dome too.. That really gets the humidity goin. No chance in hell of them getting droopy like that!

15. Hey Turtle what's goin on?

I have never ran a reservoir with this formula.. That's getting to be a little bit too much hydro for me.. No doubt you would be checking ph and adjusting... Just too much work for me.

I u set stand not everyone has the ability to water every day or every other day even, but it's what makes this formula work so well.

Usually when I make a batch of nutrients that I don't use all up and it sits out over night, the next day it totally reeks.. Smells like feet and cheese. Yuck. Not something I wanna water the plants with ya know?

So I just stick to watering freshly made nutrients.

16. I n otice the smell also no buano

17. Oh I didn't know this, probably because I haven't read through the entire thread. So you mix nutes only for the amount of water you'll use any given day? Is there a formula you use for the amount of water needed? Ex. a gallon of water per 5 gallons worth of coco?

18. Watering till there is a little run off is important to keep all of the coco nice and wet. The amount of water needed will depend on the pot size, plant size and how much she drinks. It will take practice knowing how much water your plants need.

19. #1000 Storic, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015

This 100%. Lifting your pots to check the weight is essential for judging how much to water in coco, also pretty easy to do because coco is so light when dry.

Also happy 1000 posts in this thread!!!