UK Gorilla Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Young Savage, May 27, 2015.

1. #1 Young Savage, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    Hi, im about to start Marijuana cultivation in the  UK. I need some advice on the following:
    1. I'm using Thai sativa strains, as their rare and can survive harsh storms etc and produce good yields. HOWEVER the strain is a typical sativa and takes longer to flower, so im wondering if there are any methods I can use to speed up growth.

2. I've found quality soil which has perfect pH balance, and i've cleared out a grow section for my plants and have added some homemade fertilizer and egg shells to my section and uprooted nearby plants, the only problem is that its in a area where people occasionally walk past and could compromise my operation, so im wondering if i should continue improvement on the soil while my seeds germinate and then takes a bunch of soil from the grow area and move it to a new more secluded area.

3. Would tips do you have for the grow?

4. How much should i expect from 3 plants, n i plan to keep male plants to produce resilient strains.
    Be on the lookout for pictures.

2. So its been around 15 hours since I put the seeds into my glass then put it into my drawers and it hasn't sprouted, I'm currently in the process of 3 seed germinations.

3. You can't speed up flowering unless you want to do light deprivation (put something over your plant that will block out the light w/o restricting air flow)

If you see people at anytime around your grow move it. There are places that I've never seen people at and my plants still got taken when I was careless about keeping them well hidden.

PATIENCE, PATIENCE... that goes for waiting for seeds to sprout and waiting for people to reply to your messages.

4. Ok, so i've planted 2 non-germ'd seeds in a pot watered and put by windows. I have prepared a grow spot in forest and none of my 3 seeds i put on tissue have germed yet._. One of them cracked but no long tail. I'm going to give my friend 3 of my 9 seeds just sitting around as he has a probagation kit. Hopefully my seeds germinate by tomorrow 

5. OK first off your just killing yourself with that attitude towards the plants.....THEY WILL BE DONE WHEN THEY GODDAMN PLEASE,THEY WILL SPROUT WHEN THEY GODDAMN PLEASE ... I'm not trying to be harsh haha... ive had seeds take 10-12 days to pop out of the soil... some have taken 8 days to just crack on a wet towel,,, the fresher the seed the faster they'll crack.. due to the fact that their a rare strain(if they are) then i can't imagine a reputable seed vendor sells them so the freshness of your babies can not be guaranteed.... in essence , just wait it out , buy a bag and smoke it while you wait for them to pop,,, you'll be on your way in no time, and if they don't pop in 15 days then just keep them till 20 and if they havn't shined yet then f*ck em ou

Since then, none germinated so threw them seeds out and started trying to germinate a new batch. Currently one has semi-germinated and have put that one in soil, now trying to germinate two others. has been 48 hours and both aren't showing any signs of germination.

7. #7 Young Savage, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    I think I got two sprouts from one seed !?
    [​IMG]

8. Insect Frass has been proven to shorten flowering by up to 1 week, I always use that - plus it contains chitin which will activate your plant's defense system.  It sounds like you're in a risky area though, what kind of paths are going through your area?  What's the terrain like?  If I smelt your crop, would it be easy to find?  

These are the questions you need to ask before planting and falling in love with a spot.  Good native soil is very important, but it won't mean anything if the plants are ripped or found come harvest time.  Try to go as deep as you can and far away from human traffic as possible.  Use natural barriers like water and briar bushes to avoid nosey hikers.  Remember, humans are the most invasive species on earth.

9. The send one doesn't look like a cannabis seedling and also very far apart I'd they were to come from 1 plant.

Your spot is risky simply by being near a path. Go out now and buy loads of tall stinging nettle seeds (forgot the proper name) plant them by any obvious entries to your patch and they will be up before the smell gets potent.

You have left it quite late but that could be good for such a long living saliva. The plant won't get as big and if there's other bushes quite close? It will give more protection from chill winds come October (yes it will take you til October and the end of September things get risky in the UK temp wise.)

Seriously I would grab a few auto flowers and dart them about the area because I will eat my words if they don't finish before your thai.

Hope this helps

10. I forgot to say the stinging nettles will.crest a natural barrier and if you get red and sore coming to your spot bear harvest then you know it's less likely other people will be trying to get through it.

11. They was twins but one of them was deficient so i plucked her. The stronger one is healthy got four sets of leaves and i'd say in about a week she'll be mature enough to move outside.

12. I'm subbed up anyway mate, you won't know about the strain until you try and we had a little bit of a late summer so who knows? Maybe October will stay cannabis friendly :)

13. Just thought I'd drop in n c how u n seedlings r doin

14. #14 Young Savage, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
    Thai stick isn't the best for germination rate but der beautiful. 

Attached Files:

15. It's the state not the police you should be mad at, they're just doing their job for a pay cheque.

16. I'll try that out good info mate

17. More plants on the way

18. This is interesting. If you're growing pure sativa outdoors in the UK... when are you thinking you will harvest?

19. I've discovered my germination rate is much better higher in soil