New to this...does this seedling look healthy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blunt_Freeman, May 27, 2015.

1. Also, I've searched everywhere - how do you determine sex?  Do you have to wait until late veg state early flowering?  Point of thread: trying to get pro opinions on if this seedling is growing correctly and healthy.

NOTE: You might've noticed the bit off stem that is left to the plant, it was a twin plant (1 seed) but something ate it I suppose...just making sure the plant is still on track to grow happy and healthy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any replies :)

2. Also, I want to move this plant to an indoor environment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE safely...any idea when a safe time would be to do so?

3. Its really stretching why didn't you just start it indoors?
    As for your sex question you can flower it and check for pistils

4. Safe time to move it is when your indoor environment is ready for it

• Like Like x 1
    Didn't have an indoor room ready.  Do now though, and is it stretching because of inadequate sunlight?  I've had a few days of cloudy low 70's here.  Also as for when to move it, are you implying it's pretty safe to move it now as long as it's introduced to a new type of grow setup correctly?

6. Yep you can move it now just be careful digging it up also remember every transplant you do will shock it a little

7. I wouldn't move a plant indoor IMO. The drop in light intensity will slow her down quite a bit. If its not in a conspicuous spot, throw down some jobes time release or something and let her keep rockin. She looks healthy despite a bit of stretch, especially how turgid she is. You'll get a larger harvest outside too.

Thank you for your reply, ya I was going to leave it outside until late veg stage then switch it over to manual lighting 12/12 once I like the width/girth/height of her.

9. #9 Hashtastic, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    Actually, your best bet would be to take a cutting off that plant outside and just grow out the clones indoors. I've tried transplanting plants outside and they never do well afterwards. But if you were to use a cutting from her it would be kinda like 'resetting' it for use indoor. Its not gonna be easy on the clones you take so be sure to take as many as you can to ensure survival. If you were to try to transplant an outdoor plant inside you would be taking outdoor dirt into you grow, which is a huge no-no if you like to be bug free. oh yeah and as for the sex question, wait till around week 4 or 5 and start looking for white hairs at the nodes where branches join, or look for the male 'ballsacks'. I'm sure you could find some pics on the here somewhere to show what they look like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Blunt_Freeman, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015

Well the plant has been outside for around a month total (since germination of seed and planting) and it's only about 6 maybe closer to 8 or 9 inches tall.  It's just starting to enter the vegetative stage (no?) and after a couple more months after it's nice and strong I will more than likely move it into my inside room to flower it and harvest it.

Edit: by the looks of things, I feel this plant is probably a smaller strain, or has genetics that make it a midget/shorter plant.

11. WHY DONT YOU FLOWER IT EARLY  TO DETERMINE SEX AND TAKE CUTTINGS USE THAT AS THE MOTHER!! PROBS BE THE BEST WAY JUST WAIT ACOUPLE MORE WEEKS TILL U CAN GET A ARM AND CLONE IT BRO!