50/50 coco perlite,small cup bottom cutted out in middle of 11ltrs pot with seedlings hatched inside of small cup working their way down

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by VzlaDabber, May 26, 2015.

1. #1 VzlaDabber, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    Hello guys,

Growing six 8-week auto fems from Spain in a 4 x 4 tent, 400 watt hooded an ducted light with a scrubber and 400cfm fan.Need help with this. My humidity was way up .i've been reading some threads that said that one way to lower humidity would be  to open the tent vents so it sucks fresh air from the outside and since there's a vacuum inside the tent there will be no air exiting from them just the fresh air coming in so no smell would come out of the tent. Is this true? The only air exiting the tent would be the exhaust air no matter how many vents are open?. tent has been with three vents open the whole morning and got my humidity all the way down from 60% to 43%. but that was experimenting ways to lower humidity i know that the optimal humidity for seedling would be no higher than 70% so now i am raising it again(closed up vents)in 20 minutes it went up from 40% to 43% hope i can get all the way up to 70% again wich was at the highest recorded temp on my measurer. Does my location humidity matter? for example today we're 76% to 96% in Caracas-Venezuela. 

Attached a diagram of my setup and tent openings witch are all the same size and look the same as the one I'm using as exhaust from the tent . I also putted in an oscilating fan inside (one of them blade-less ones so the low setting is crap and ended up putting it on nearly the highest setting so it blows facing upwards and oscilating. Should i leave it in to help fortify the stems or take it out to raise humidity?
    Also I think one of the sprouted seedlings looks dry or is it just its cotyledons(pic attached). I am worried they just look dry or burnt. I'm new and don't know the difference. All i see on it is that the only pointy set of leaves she has has its points curled up a little bit. Is this because the lamp is too close its at 18" from a  400 watt virtual sun with mh bulb. using 50/50 coco-perlite and the soil gets dry too quick, i've been watering them daily with 6.5ish water only inside small pots witch are bottomless and just buried inside 11lts pots. Should I water the whole pot then?the thing is that the pots feel heavy but at the top where the cup is sitting with the small sproted seedling looks and feels dry and seems a bit too far for the roots to be taking water from the bottom or am i writing out of my ass and it does take in water no matter how far the roots should be from where the water is no matter how dry the top of the soil? 

I urgently need to know if i keep watering daily given the small size of the pots or start watering every other day cause there's nothing wrong or twice a day? or what?
    Pictures attached and i would greatly appreciate any help.
    483979-3ebf28d7995c97bacd211ef7d5d690ee.jpg 483976-c74d9f08b2f715b9627abe04bfd1d599.jpg   Screenshot_2015-05-26-09-34-49.png

Attached Files:

2. #2 BYOweed, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    I'm not expert with coco, but I'm pretty sure the proper pH should be around 5.8. This may be your problem. Also, if you water more than once every two days, you're probably watering too much. And yes, always saturate all of the soil when watering.

As far the humidity problem, you're going to need a dehumidifier for the room the tent is in.