Help with soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stardow, May 26, 2015.

1. So im using advanced nutrients nutes and my plants are ready to be transplanted and i started them all in Roots Organic soil. Now im heading to home depot tmro to grab soil for the transplant.....since im not going organic what kind of soil should i get? I know i will need perlite but what kind of soil.

Thanks for any replies.

2. Id use bx promix if they have it still or any promix but thats a soilless mix its a little differnt so look into it first before you choose

3. #3 SomeRandomNewb, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    I doubt home depot has anything really good. I have heard nothing but good things about sunshine #4. heard good things about promix hp. idk to much about bio bizz but i know people use it. im currently using fox farm ocean forest and its treated me good. it's all up to you. Pro-Mix HP already has around 30% perlite mix in it so you wont need to buy any but you may have to amend it because this is all it has in it.
    • SPHAGNUM PEAT MOSS (65-75%) ?
    • PERLITE ?
    • LIMESTONE ?
    • WETTING AGENT ?
    • MYCORRHIZAEâ„¢ PREMIER TECH (Glomus intraradices) ?

4. I have nute so that looks good enough but i can't finds any garden stores or anything besides a home depot where i live and my plants need a transplant asap.

5. #5 SomeRandomNewb, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    Well the only problem with the mix without mixing it with something else is you will be fighting ph all the way to the end due to the main mix being peat moss. It wont matter if your feeding it if your ph is off it will just result in nute lockout. Next grow i planned on mixing FFOF with Pro-Mix Hp. Would be doing Sunshine #4 & Pro-Mix Hp but i still have an extra bag of FFOF. 

6. I just called a store that has ffof.....if i buy that would i need to use my nutes since it full of organics

7. it will feed your plants for about 2-4 weeks. Depends on how big they are. They dont pack enough stuff in it to last an entire grow unless you amended it yourself with other stuff after you bought it. 

8. Why don't you stick with roots organics? Its already jam packed with amendments.. But I get u don't wanna use chem nutes on that..I've heard plently of people grow with roots and not need anything until flowering starts..

9. Coco..not at home depot...but the next best thing is pro-mix BX or HP....just an opnion

10. Actually home depot now carries a line of organic soils and products. They also stock pro grade soil (big bag) at 22 ea. But at that price i would bulk by FFOF.

After 1 month of FFOF

Buy more... and top dress.

Then during flower trim the roots and add a new bag under the trimmed roots.

All it takes to grow grade A pot.

11. I'm actually gonna stick with Roots Organics It actually is a great soil. All the problems my plants had were causes by me the soil is doing its job. I will take this advice and use it when i get into flower, thanks.

13. 707 is great. Wish my shop stocked it.

14. Ended up getting roots organic and pro mix bx.