Mad at my boyfriend for not helping out when I was too high?

Discussion in 'General' started by p.sparkles, May 26, 2015.

1. your boyfriend is a dick. you should try to find a boyfriend that is actually your friend. my lady is my best friend. the best i have ever had. no fucking way i let her drive down town to the airport all fucked up. i would go just to chill and hang out like friends do. i bet if one of his friends ask him to go along he would have went no problem. that there is the issue.

i get the feeling he's one of those xbox slammin', bro's before ho's kinda boyfriends right? ya, i used to be one of those kind of guys. here is what you do. find a guy that doesn't get high. seems like you're not really into it. not that you yourself have a problem with it so much, but be honest, your not into getting high. not into the scene. nothing wrong with that. no problem of any kind really. find a guy that is into you. one that shows interest in things like your well being and safety. those are important. 

it is 1:13 in the am so maybe i am just a little cranky. meh, that guy is a dick [​IMG]

2. Crazy. I remember one the first times gettin high out of this nice bong with my friends ..30 min later we want food so we order chinese. Well time comes to pick up n they decide i should go alone(great friends)

Anyways its pouring rain n im drivin a shitty old car. I decide to take some back road thats pitch black n can barely see.. Finally get there, and back safely with the munchies ..

Not sure where I'm goin with this but drivin high makes me super safe ill be goin 55 on the freeway thinkin im goin 90..

Btw u can see a text message on front screen without readin it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Well gosh golly, how often does THAT happen? BA DUM CH. 

4. #24 Vicious, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015

That's even more unreliable than a text. I close windows all the time and forget I have facebook tabbed. There's also a chance he could have seen the message via email or any number of alert notifications before checking the actual page. He did tell you to check in to make sure you were all right, you should have called or texted. I mean, it is a legit thing to be uneasy about but you had a lot of room to make it more secure. Not to sound insincere but if you're wondering about what the best situation to put yourself in, the most rational thing is to nip it in the bud and realize you just shouldn't have smoked before you had a stressful drive. You took rips from the bong as a light smoker, you knew your ass was getting lit. I hate to make this a gender thing but men don't have the cognitive social and intimate awareness women do. You need to spell shit out for us. No wishy washy shit like facebook messages. Talk to us and tell us what's going on.

I originally called you a white knight but I just realized you're a vet and give I you respect on that alone. I can't ironically or insincerely call a vet from any branch a white knight. I retract my statement to simply disagreeing. I think the issue you raise is a non-issue in the context of things and a reason to angry based on an assumption related to your dudebro guess. I think he legit didn't want to ride high with her pops. Right or wrong; friend or no friend.

5. #25 Lenny., May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015

As time goes on, I forget what the old-gc was like. I just remember specific people nowadays. 

I don't know about all that other stuff, but my opinion is that, it all has to do with the president in office. People like to bitch about the president no matter who he is. If a republican president gets elected in 2008 2016 i'm sure it will swing back the other way.

All the same though. 

6. #26 p.sparkles, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015

I do believe that he is a good guy. He tells me often that I'm his best friend and that he wants to have my back always. It was just a little concerning last night that I had a temporary moment of crisis, if you could even call it that.. and I felt like he wasn't as supportive as he could have been, given how much he says he wants to be there for me. From re-reading his messages from today, it seems like he realizes this too. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I don't feel all that secure knowing I would have done much more for him if the situation was reversed.

Sorry for all the relationship talk. On the topic of weed.. a few months ago, I was over at his place and he smoked without having eaten all day, and we went to get food. When we were standing in line, he straight up passed out, fell to the ground, and started shaking. I was trying to hold him up when he started shaking and his eyes rolled back into his head, and I started crying and panicking because I thought he was having a sudden medical crisis.  It was legitimately one of the scariest moments I've ever had.. even scarier than last night. It was all over super fast and he was on his feet again within a couple of seconds, but holy shit. I actually looked it up online after and apparently it happens to people when they smoke too much without having eaten anything.. low blood sugar, apparently. So to add to what happened last night, that's also another reason why I am starting to question his weed habit. I swear I'm not usually a panicking, crying hot mess. It just so happens that I've been that way twice when it comes to weed now.

I think I was hitting the brakes every ten seconds for no reason, and when I had to switch lanes I totally thought I was going to hit the car behind me, even though after I switched, they were wayyyy behind. Maybe I really was driving safely the whole time, but I was tripping and felt extremely incompetent behind the wheel.

When he did finally get back to me, he said that he didn't get the notification that I had messaged him.. and that confirmed to me that he just didn't care enough to check his phone in that amount of time. Maybe it's not that big of a deal, but usually even my friends check up on me after I drive home at night, and vice versa. But you're right. I need to talk to him and let him know what's going on. 

He could tell today that I wasn't my usual self with him when we were messaging, even though I made no mention of being upset with him (other than maybe being less chatty than usual) and he apologized for "not being there" for me. So it seems like he knows he could have done more. 

I definitely am not going to drive high ever again. I've never driven drunk, and I assumed driving high wouldn't be as difficult as I was making it out to be because "everyone's doing it!" Needless to say, I was dead fucking wrong. Lesson learned.

I'm finally able to go to bed now. Thanks for all the commentary, folks.

7. This is asking for attention? Or well lots of replies

What route did you take?

Jump off the five toward the airport in San Diego

Not really as crazy as you describe.

In fact it's just straight

And then a right and the. There's every single terminal

Did you get lost?

San Diego is pretty simple as far as air port blah goes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. was kinda douchey, he probably should have helped/been there a little more considering hes the one who insisted you get high. but at the same time it was a fucking 15 minute drive and you were freaking out over nothing. so meh, just tell him you wish he went out of his way a bit more but don't rip is head off or anything

9. Purple sparkles back for more attention. Hey... just break up with him. You dont deserve him!

10. Jerry jerry jerry

11. Honestly, I would be annoyed with my GF if she got high and couldn't take care of her own business.

12. Hey you gotta love those threads where the OP wusses out and edits the main post away. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haha yeah. ME thinks op would be super pissed if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Like Like x 1
    Don't know if you are still checking responses, but I'll give it a shot.

I smoke everyday and get absurdly high with my friends pretty often. On top of that, my girlfriend is pretty needy (I love her, don't get me wrong), so I can relate to your boyfriend when you say this.

I can guarantee you 100% that I would snap out of my high and be there full-on for my girlfriend if I truly felt she was in some kind of danger/serious trouble. Note that I said "If I truly felt" which is very different to "If she truly felt". 

I would not ruin my high and my night with friends over something that she feels needs my complete attention when it truly doesn't, I can look at it from a more objective point of view and I would only do that if the situation truly required my attention. 

By the look of the previous comments, your boyfriend knew you were alright already (maybe he read your message but didn't bother opening it to respond, which is something I do very often).

Also, I love my girlfriend with all my heart, but if she asked me to smoke less, I would dump her. Not because I value weed over her, but because I value my freedom and independence over her. So think it through before you decide to ask your boyfriend to cut back on one of his favorite hobbies.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Well if OP truely is Purple Sparkles, than this is more than likely just a troll.

16. #36 WherezMyLighter, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    Bro ... You're an idiot.

But next time write a longer bible verse. Lol wtf?

Can we italicize more shit??

Omg please don't get mad... Again.

Name Calling/ Disrespect is not tolerated here. - M369

17. Why would you think I'm mad?

18. @WherezMyLighter sounds mad.

19. Can a moderator move this thread to Yahoo Answers please?

20. Ya I missed the whole initial OP with the whining and moaning. 
    Perhaps thats a good thing.