Anyone bodybuild and smoke a lot of weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by RatedRKO16, May 26, 2015.

1. I find that weed really helps with pain or discomfort and really helps me not psych myself out.  I take just a hit and then drink my preworkout and go lift, lol.

Does anyone else just workout and smoke weed too?  Or is everyone pretty much the stereotypical "lazy stoner"?

2. I go to the gym everyday and my motivation to get through it is that fat blunt I know I have waiting for me at home 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Haha, marry me!! ;)

4. I almost always smoke a bowl before jogging and working out. Helps me enjoy it instead of being something I just want to get through.

5. Haha, I could definitely see that if it's a problem you have.

6. Well, bodybuild is probably not the most accurate term, but no, I'm not a stereotypical lazy stoner. I prefer smoking after working out than before though. Bust ass, get that post-workout high, and then have a bowl on top of that, ahh....

7. I lift weights, I wouldn't call it body-building though.  

Yeah, a good evening or late-night smoke really helps with the aches and pains that come along with the territory.  I don't smoke before working out.  It's not a judgement or anything, but I use the workouts as a chance to make sure that things are working properly, and I think I'd feel very out-of-tune with myself if I smoked first.

8. I haven't smoked weed in almost two years due to probation, and have only been going to the gym for about a year.  But I do remember lifting weights casually in my house high and remember that I could go longer and harder due to not being able to feel the burn as much.  Nowadays when I go to the gym, I go to absolutely destroy my muscles and be sore the next day, So when I get off papers I'm going to smoke ( probably vape ) weed as a pre-workout supplement. 

9. i smoke and work out at home....fuck a gym

10. I used to, not "Body building" but lifted weights, I did my chest, triceps, delts and quads and calfs but I never really wanted a body builders body. I smoked weed afterwards but not before. I had to stop because of tendonitis (tennis elbow) and I gradually stopped altogether. Only the last month or two have a started again and that's only my triceps

11. I get too self conscious to work out in front of people stoned, I can lift a lot, but I have a bit of a gut. I look very similar to this, beard and donuts included.
    [​IMG]

12. Yeah, I'm not sure its very good for me that I take a couple hits in the morning then I workout around 5.  I mean the effects have worn off, but the pain receptors seem to not signal as well.  I'm kind of afraid I might be doing damage.

I definitely enjoy a bowl relaxing afterwards, though.  I doubt that will change.  I'm just wondering if I'm going to hurt myself by pushing my body past the point of pain, even though I can't feel it, if that makes sense...

13. I don't lift at all but I do run HARD every evening and come back and do self supporting core.  Sometimes I smoke before I run and usually the "stoned" feelings leaves me very quickly as soon as I start really going hard.  By the end of my run I don't feel high anymore.  it's weird, exercise kills my high but some people can get spaced completely and complete their workouts on autopilot.  

But regardless if I smoke or not before, I come back, take a shower, and then smoke a bowl.  There is absolutely nothing better in this world than feeling that good after workout burn, being clean, and taking a rip.  Feels so refreshing.  

14. I definitely agree.  You've got that runners high going on, get all that sweat off of you and smoke a bowl.  It's a great feeling.

15. You forgot biceps and hamstrings man!

16. I'm a huge body builder and my pre work out is a few hits of a nice sativa 🏻 helps with blood flow and much more

17. One of my friends is a certified personal trainer who used to smoke every single day (& coincidentally smoked me out for the 1st time)
    He told me himself that the only reason he quit smoking after he started lifting was because he felt sluggish & like it affected his muscle mass. However he used to smoke before lifting so i dont know what to say about smoking afterwards. Probably could be beneficial.

18. I stopped my biceps because of the tendonitis early on,I switched to dumbbells but it didn't make a difference, pull-ups didn't do much for me either once I stopped because of my tendonitis. And how would I do my hamstrings lol?

Leg Curls or if you do any type of squatting you're hitting them.

20. I did deadlifts?