1200w Mars II LED - 3x3 - SFV OG - 4 Clones - Earth Juice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nugs man, May 25, 2015.

1. Finally got a setup I've always wanted to try.. although a 3x3 may be a little small for the Mars 1200w (600w draw power), but it'll be interesting to see.  And I'm exhausting with a Virtual Sun 4" inline fan and carbon filter. 

I'm using Fox Farm soil and Earth Juice's line of nutrients.  

Have any of you used Earth Juice before?  Do you know how to use the pH UP crystals properly, or how much I should use if, say, the pH is around 3.5?  

Attached Files:

2. What's the best way to raise the pH in the water?   the water pH lowers after I add nutrients.. the Crystals, or just basic pH UP?

3. You'll be set with a 1200 in a 3x3!

4. is it too much light for a 3x3?

5. #5 CanadianOrganic, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    I would use liquid pH adjusters. Much easier to measure

6. As long as you can keep the temps down you'll be fine :)

Thanks.  The temp is great! 

8. Sounds like people using the Earth Juice line don't worry about pH.  I'll try that. 

9. I've read that liquid ones will ruin the EJ nutrients.  And I just read that letting the Earth Juice nutrient mix to set and bubble up like a "tea" that the pH naturally rises.  Furthermore, they don't worry about it because EJ is organic and the acidity will be adjusted in the soil mix as it's 'eaten' and broken down.  Although, my soil pH is low so I think ill lay some dolomite lime on top to help raise it. 

10. Organic soil buffers the ph.
    Hi

11. #11 CanadianOrganic, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    He's using fox farm.
    That would only occur in a living soil

Nice set up man.
    Is the pH really 3.5? 
    If so you need to add pH up to bring it to a safe level. What pH is your tap water? 

13. I don't understand that. It's the soil microbes that buffer the pH

14. It was that low.  Last night I mixed everything up and shook it when I could.  The pH was still low.  I do have EJ pH UP crystals, so i added about half a tablespoon and checked it 30 mins later and it was good to go!

I'll keep you guys posted. 

15. I'd like to follow this too plz. I will be doing a 3x3 soon so this will be fun to watch. Good Luck.

16. nah man i think that your really gonna be happy with that because it will cover everything that your trying to hit...hard. the intensity will not be a problem in there and i'm sure you won't battle the heat. right now i'm running my fan at the lowest it will go with my speed controller and it's chilling at 77F (my thermometer says it's 70 in my room) and that exhaust is just blowing "towards" the bedroom out of the closet.

17. When I checked on the girls this morning, one of the clones is starting to spot and get what looks like "Nute Burn."

Should I use the pH UP by Earth Juice?  Some are saying that the soil microbes will adjust the acidic nutrient solution and to not worry about pH.. What do you think?  

I'm kind of at a loss and don't want/have time for a trial and error right now.  I need this to work. 

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/8527/xUk6ce.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9242/C0UaLC.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img673/3409/GosIv3.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9848/qoucfW.jpg

18. EJ suggests not to adjust pH. You need to bubble the mixed solution over a period of 24-36 hrs to naturally raise the pH to 6-7 range.

Yeah I just bought a pump and buckets.  I'm going to switch to tap water, instead of RO, and let it sit for a day or so bubbling occasionally to help evaporate the chlorine. Then I'll add the nutrients and let it bubble for a couple days, and hook a hose to the pump to water. 

20. I bought a soil pH tester and it says consistently 5.5 in Fox Farm.. Should l adjust this with dolomite lime?  How much do I sprinkle on top of the soil?