Your local unique animal

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Deleted member 281310, May 25, 2015.

1. #2 most venomous land snake, The common brown.

2. I saw a damn peacock two days ago, less than a block from my house. I didn't know there were any of those around here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In NW Illinois I have seen one black squirrel, 2 badgers, a couple coyote (although I hear them frequently) but have never seen an otter, which are around here.

Piliated woodpecker are around too, my brother has seen one, I haven't seen any yet.

We also have had sightings of a black bear and a mountain lion, I haven't seen either myself, though the bear made the news.

4. We have mountain lions, mountain goats, big horn sheep, elk, moose, bear. It's the Rockies.

5. [​IMG]

I leave food out for this little guy every day. He remains elusive, but I will have his trust.

6. My neighbor was bitten by one a few years ago, he was rushed to hospital and just survived.

On rare occasion I see a kangaroo hopping around my suburb. They mostly stay in the bush-land though. Up in Hervey Bay where I used to live, there were wild animals of all sorts. We lived in the bush because my parents were mango farmers. We could see wombats, koalas, rabbits, kangaroos, possums all in our own backyard. And snakes too. Brown snakes were everywhere.

My older brother, Dad and I were loosening up the soil in the garden one time, by digging/chopping at it with shovels. We accidentally dug into a snake pit. The ground fell in, revealing a large number of angry brown snakes. We frantically hit them with our shovels because they tried to attack, and it's very fortunate no one was bitten.