Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have you ever bought Wax from a Dealer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WorldwideToker, May 24, 2015.

1. #1 WorldwideToker, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    So apparently buying Wax from the streets is unsafe because it can be improperly purged.
    Kind of upset since I was looking forward to picking some up from my dealer and can't pickup from a dispensary. Anybody buy wax from the streets? How was it?

2. #3 enjoyandlive, May 24, 2015
    I got free dabs from my old friend/dealer. some good stuff. if it's really badly purged it's easy to tell.

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

3. Yes I buy on the black market.
    Just do some research on bho and other forms of wax, what to look for ect.

You could even purge it yourself if you question it.

4. #5 WorldwideToker, May 24, 2015
    thanks, will look into it
    Oh alright

5. Happy Dabbing! Good luck blade

6. Thanks

7. If it's really clear oil or shatter, it's generally purged well. Everything else, like the waxy looking shit, are generally under purged. 

DO NOT assume that dispensaries always have clean wax, the fact is that most of them actually usually carry some absolutely poisonous product, I've seen my fair share of dispo's that only sell dirty wax. Disgusting. If you want to make some clean solvent-less oil yourself, it's really easy and all you need is a hair straightener, parchment paper, and bud.

Google "Flower rosin tech" or look it up on these forums.

8. #9 WorldwideToker, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    Damn, so those dispensaries are allowed to sell a poisonous product? I thought products that a dispensary is selling has to go through some sort of Health check?

9. #10 JaysForDays, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015

I really do wish that were the case man. Especially since they're supposed to be selling their product to patients, some of which have some real health issues. It's really just all about profit to just about every single dispo out there. If I were you, I would only buy stuff with real clarity, i.e you can read text from a book through it. There are some wax's that vary in cloudiness and are still clean, but I'm willing to bet the best indicator by looks is clarity. The real test is just to dab it on a nail (that isn't red-hot) and if it burns or irritates the throat a lot, it's bad product. 

Sorry if it's confusing, but it really just takes some experience to know what's good and what's bad.

10. Yea thanks alot for the info bro.

11. I buy wax from dealers all of the time and get excellent quality wax now.

12. Yea I think it depends on the type of dealer you got lol. Cheers

13. Everyone says they get quality wax, those statements hardly ever hold up.

14. I've gotten wax from two of my "street" dealers, smoked it with others, I've never had a problem with it. I smoked like 2 g out of my pen and felt really sick the next couple days but like all my friends were getting sick so I'm not too sure that fact is even relevant, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Lotta the waxes, oils, etc in dispensaries are home-made. Meaning, it's really not that different from what street dealers are selling. The only difference is, people can put negative reviews about a dispensary if they sell crappy products.

16. Yeah but only because my dealer showed me the package it was shipped in from CO. Also they came in little dispensary cases. 

17. I've gone through some buddies to get wax every so often. While its not from a club, its still very good quality. One of the things to look for, as said above, is clarity. Another thing to look for is consistency. If its runny, then its was not purged long, if at all. And the throat burning is an indicator of residual solvents in the concentrate. I have gotten a few under purged grams every so often. I toss it up on my xbox one exhaust fan and let it purge that way for a few hours. After some purging takes place, it will be runny due to being heated up. Toss it in the freezer to cool it down and make it nice and solid again. That's just how I do it and it works out pretty well.

18. I live on the East Coast and little wax is available, so I make my own. I also have a question for those educated on wax. I know that under purged wax tastes bad. However, is there any evidence that residual butane occurs at a level that would have a negative effect. I simply don't know and I'd like to hear educated people's opinions. I always see it referred to as either good or bad, purged or not. However, anybody with even a basic knowledge of toxicology knows that toxicity refers to the level of the substance. There is a level at which butane is inert and will have no effect. Are the residual solvents higher than this level. It appears as though using a lighter exposes one to higher levels of butane than even the nastiest unpurged wax. Can someone educate me on this? 

19. #20 Dr.Fumbles, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    So much inaccuracies from people on here. Its like giving someone tips on how to play basketball because you watched it on tv a few times. Simply if you aren't makinh quality product yourself then chances are you don't really know what you are talking about