Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoked weed for the first time in 7 years whilst drunk and had a bad panic attack

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by darrenmorgan, May 24, 2015.

1. My take is this. 

People that haven't experienced a panic attack, or have some knowledge on the topic usually are very out in left field when talking about it.  They just don't get it.  I'm seeing some responses in this thread that seem fairly standard, and not really getting it. 

Anxiety/panic attacks (or at least the symptoms we associate with it) are due to your fight or flight response going off, which dumps adrenaline into your system which causes all this.  The reason the fight/flight goes off is due to some kind of fear.  Be it a rational fear (wolf coming at you), an irrational fear (fear of planes), or simply a fear of the symptoms of fear (I'm scared because I don't know why my heart's beating fast, I don't like it, etc...)

Alcohol, and weed synergestically work with one another to really f people up. Especially people inexperienced with weed.  My step mother had a toke of some weed after some drinks recently and was f'd right up. 

What probably happened is, you felt super crazy f'd up.  Then you were scared of being that f'd up so your fight/flight went off.  Then you not only were f'd up, but you also had adrenaline going through your veins, so started having panic, and getting even more fearful, dumping more adrenaline in, etc... 

The reason the cigarettes are doing this, is because cigarettes increase adrenaline.  You have probably been still messed up for the last week, because you may still be scared from that incident, wondering if you permanently hurt yourself (a perfectly rational fear), and these fears are continuing to produce this fight/flight response. 

What I would do is recognize you will be fine.  You didn't mess yourself up.  Calm down, recognize that there's nothing to be fearful of.  You may also want to add in a bit of exercise for a while as that can help with anxiety.  As time passes, and you continually recognize that you are fine, you will get back to your old self. 

2. yo thanks for this!!! i felt better after reading this because its been 3 weeks now and im still feeling a little off but not majorly. thanks