First Grow - Northern Lights Auto

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by craftycritter, May 24, 2015.

1. Huh!! That is very interesting... I'd just let it do its thing, you might have a little mutation on your hands :)

2. Picture update

Day 7

Attached Files:

3. Is the second picture the seedling with the supposed mutation?

Looks like her leaf tips got pinched off or something.
    Otherwise looking great man! :)

4. #24 craftycritter, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    Yeah. That's how she grew. Now that her leaves are a bit bigger, it does look like damage. Weird, cause they just grew out that way.

5. Did her seed husk stay on top of her after she popped through the ground at all?

6. #26 craftycritter, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    Nope, she came up clean and normal looking. She sprouted on June 10th. 

Here is a pic of her from June 11th 

[​IMG]

7. Picture update

Day 8

Toph is looking good as usual.

Lola put on a ton of height and is almost as tall as toph now.

I was preparing some soil in a 3rd bucket, I turned my back on it for one second, and when I turned back again it had grown. .. a cat!

Attached Files:

8. Lookin' good man!

That's a cute cat :)

9. It's looking good man, I am also growing northern lights autoflowering feminized (my first time growing) I have another one going but she ain't doing good she has not grown at all I like a week but I had some problems at the beginning of my grow I started without doing much research and I just bought a bulb from Walmart that said it was a light for plant well when I did more research I found out that I was not supposed to use that type of bulb at all it get to hot for cannabis and cooks the seed in the soil, so I am hoping she recovers she still looks alive but she is just not growing.

Attached Files:

How old is your seedling? From what I have read, they do have a pause in upward growth in about the 2nd-3rd week because they are establishing a good root system. Give her some time, if she is younger than 3 weeks old, you will probably see a big growth spurt soon. 

11. Day 9.

Picture update

Lola, the girl who is 3 days younger, and started with the weird leaves, is now about an inch taller then Topf... and her leaves are still growing in a little funny.

Toph is a trooper, and looking really pretty.

Attached Files:

12. Day 10

Picture update

Toph is staying small but looks nice.
    Lola just keeps growing, even with her weird leaves.

Attached Files:

13. Hey cool if I tag along.

14. She will be three weeks old tomorrow I got some pics I will show u from today

Attached Files:

15. She looks pretty fried to me. I would suggest starting your own thread and asking the experts their opinions. Personally, I would probably scrap her and start over.

16. Day 11 picture update

Both girls are looking good. Lola, who is 3 days younger than Toph, is now twice her size.

My only guesses as to why is because she is weird, or likes her soil better than Toph likes hers.

Attached Files:

17. #38 craftycritter, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    Day 12

You can get a real feel for the size difference in my girls. The smaller one, Toph, is 3 days older. The taller one, Lola started out with messed up leaves.

I think the difference is in the soil. Toph is in an organic blend I did myself and lola is in a perilite-coconut husk mix.

The coconut mix seems to work and will be used in all my future grows.

The girls also got their first big drink of water today since being planted.

I also added in a very small dosage, about 1/10th the recommended dose, of 18-18-21 nutrients.

Attached Files:

18. Day 14

I didn't update yesterday because I decided to transplant toph. I know you're not supposed to transplant autos, but for some reason, her soil had become hard as cement. I attribute this to her stunted growth as compared to her sister.

After spending the night in her new bed, she has perked up an resumed making new growth! Hopefully she catches up to her younger sister.

Lola is looking amazing and really seemed to enjoy her first taste of nutes!

Attached Files:

19. Day 16

Toph has resumed her new growth after being put in some softer soil. But she is still so small. I think she's been stunted. I hope she catches up soon.

Lola is huge for 2 weeks old and looks amazing!

I also started a non-auto feminized C99 seed. I'm looking forward to seeing her develop!

Attached Files: