Spy trailer

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by travilanche, May 24, 2015.

1. I cannot stand it when trailers for a movie are edited to be more family friendly. This trailer is a perfect example. In the trailer Melissa McCarthy (hack) gets hit by a car and she says "mother butler". This is not an expression. And people should be upset that they can't say "mother fucker" on TV. These ridiculous edits need to stop!

2. Mother Butler shut up. I want my rape and violence on TV but I'll be darned tootened if I hear the Devils tongue played on TV. Think of the children!

3. Fucking unreal. How many people get killed in that movie? How is it ok to watch people get murdered for 2 hours, but it is unacceptable to hear the fuck word? Is this not complete lunacy to anyone else? They are just noises you make with your mouth. A word cannot be inherently bad on its own. It needs context.

I don't understand this.

Although I will admit, there are times when bleeping a word on a tv show actually makes it funnier. South Park is a good example of that.

4. That's what I've never understood with "bad words"...it takes context for a word to be bad...

So when they replace the so called bad word, the context is still the same...

Like people that say "CRAP!" Instead of "SHIT!", the meanings were exactly the same so how is the word shit worse than crap, or calling someone a "butthole" instead of "asshole"...the context is the same...

You fucking moron, you fricking moron, context is the same...

Its all stupid to me...

5. This is one of the most bizarre aspects of human society to me. It is completely backwards. And it kinda makes my brain hurt trying to understand it. Humans are fucking weird sometimes.

6. All the trailers I have seen have been unedited.
    My wife and I were shocked when it came on in the middle of the day and she says shut the fuck up before I put I dick in your mouth.
    I guess Missouri really does suck.

7. One of the biggest reasons I stopped watching regular TV a decade ago (besides @#$%#@$ commercials)  is because they like to introduce major concepts, like warfare, fatal confrontations, horror movies etc,  while maintaining a PG(13)  atmosphere.     

A society that considers horror movies that feature mass murder and human suffering PG 13,   yet considers a movie with F bombs and someone enjoying a fattie rated R,  is stupid at best, sick at worst.  

8. Well, I see it unedited on Comedy Central after midnight. But during the day, if it's on tbs or something especially, I always hear the "mother butler!" Line, and it always makes me roll my eyes in a way that would make Liz Lemon proud.

But yes, Missouri ain't great.

9. Sort of makes you feel like you are in some strange alternate universe where logic doesn't exist.

10. That's what we were thinking but it was on mid day on multiple channels.

I might be wrong but I thought something got passed that was going to allow cursing on TV.

What about if a word creates context? Is there a way cunt cannot be vulgar?

12. Frig off Barb 

13. It all depends on how its used...

If its used as an insult then it will always be vulgar...

If its used as another word for vagina, then that's just a female body part...if you find that vulgar then that's another issue...if you find the word cunt being used for vagina as vulgar, then its the word "cunt" you don't like and that would be a personal problem, not the word being bad and doing something speical to make it somehow worse than other words...

Again, its useage and context, and other words can be used in all "bad words" place that isn't looked at as "bad words" so the context would be the same...

Swear words just don't make sense...

14. I was under the impression that bad language would fly after midnight, but not during the day. But I could be completely wrong about that.