trying to yield 3lbs a harvest with LEDs any suggestions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doncannon, May 24, 2015.

A standard 4'x4' tent with a 600w HPS and 6" exhaust fan. Growing hydro, long veg times, with a lot of training, and no mistakes can give you about a pound of bud. But, in my opinion that would be a very unrealistic goal for a beginner. Probably more like 8-12 oz would be what I would expect

2. Are you speaking of a single plant or more than one

3. Why does your yield matter so much, are you selling?

4. The cost of any good strain is ridiculous here joe I would much rather grow my own but that also runs its own risk so I would like to yield as much as possible so we ont have to grow again for awhile me and my ppl smoke alot

5. Your best bet would be to grow a few plants at once, using what you learn from this grow. You have super high expectations if you think you're going to get 3lbs. That would be amazing if you proved us all wrong though.

6. #26 torofanatic, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    3lbs and not selling it cmon you have to think we were born yesterday. Any way what you do is your business. But like others have said more then 2000W to get yields like that for sure... That being said i bought some dank seeds first time growing and my plants look real good so far.... Not sure where the problem comes in going from my say 125w CFLs to say 2 1200W LEDs... All the basics are the same just larger and need to spend more time on it per day... I say go for it!  If i had a larger enough room I would be buy two of those huge double cab tents and be going nuts with like 10 strains at once. Balls out man balls out! 

7. gold makes some really good points. I'm right now on my second grow in my 2x4x5 tent under a 600hps (1st with good genetics) and I am only managing 3 girls and I couldn't imagine the challenges I'd face if I was running a whole room. The only advice I can give is start small, because bumps in the road are bound to be there, be patient, research research research.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Quick update on my cfl minigrow I forgot to cut the exhaust fan on when I hit the lights in my grow box the lights were on for about 40 minutes before I noticed I played with the plants a littl Le when I cut the lights on so I know the dry were totally healthy I even noticed the first few white pistils coming through so u can imagine my anguish when I saw the plants 40 minutes later r I guess my question is will they bounce back ............

Attached Files:

9. Looks like you messing up your 3 lb harvest

10. yea I'm sure they will bounce back. I dropped a light on my first girl when she was like 3 wiz old and she bounced back

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I just want to be sure here, but is your mini grow the same one you want to get 3lbs from, or is this a different grow?

12. Nah amateur this was just a mini grow I guess garyd was taking a crack at his comedy routine( boooooooo) ....... im just trying to s see how short I coul ld grow this one
    Hope she doesnt die on me should I take her fromm under the lights

13. I wish I could offer you some sound and useful advice on your CFL grow. However, based on what I've seen and experienced personally, it is extremely hard for plants to bounce back in that condition. Not impossible, but hard. Good luck saving them though.

14. Go with high pressure sodium & metal halide for monster yields

15. Listen if you making mistakes with that your not getting 3 lbs if it was that easy everyone would grow ther own your the comedian with your 3 lb dream

You need periods, commas, and correct spelling in your sentences before you start talking trash to someone. I hate when someone drops in their stupid 2 cents and have nothing at all to contribute.

That was very hard to read, I'm still not sure of what it's meant to say 

18. You must not text much

19. Just read slowly maybe if you weren't so high you'd understand

Maybe if you wrote it in English I'd be able to read it. Btw I am not high at all