Leaves turning purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dusty Farmer, May 23, 2015.

1. Hey there, my leaves are turning dark purple on my outdoor plant and I wanted to know what kind of deficiency this is. A few leaves are also turning red. She was an indoor plant that I harvested and reveged then placed outside. My thought is that it might be a few things but I wouldn't know where to start haha.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you!

2. cold conditions in the root zone can cause the uptake of (p) to slow causing the plant to become purple or red. phosphorus may be needed if cold conditions are not the issue.

3.   It's just the cooler temps of a spring run outside and it's depending on the strain.. Most of the Purples will do it exposed to a bit of cooler temps.. My own signature strain Red Headed Step Sister goes red then purple and almost to coal black as she finishes.. This is an example of Dark Goblin #5 she does much the same thing near harvest.. It's strain related and not a deficiency as the plants right next to it in the same mix using the same water and IPM stay fully green to the end..

[​IMG]

This is Dark Goblin #2 who puts on a very different showing with a bit of cooler temps..

[​IMG]

Her leafs stay green but her Bud goes Deep Purple making for a very striking looking finished product..
      Hope that Helps.. BNW

4. #4 The_Real_OG_Kush, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    Cold temps restricts the uptake of (p) on certain strains(not color in the genes as much as it is how it handles cold weather)...So yes it is having trouble getting the nutes. Color is for looks only in my op. Most Cannabis loves warmer temps.

Awesome plant BTW! Gonna be some good smoke [​IMG]

5. Looks like she has some Purple Haze in her