RockWool Question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hihl, May 23, 2015.

1. #1 hihl, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    I recently started a Green Crack in some RW, its just a seed with a tiny taproot, if i take my timer from my Grow tent cause im growing Autoflowers in there and i dont need a dark cycle on them yet, can i take my timer and my water pump i use to transfer old water and new water into my DWC. Set it to water for 15 every 3 hours, as to ensure my RW does not go dry? Not to mention i can control the amount of water that comes from my Pump cause i have Voltage control over it

So my timer will look like this

Timer.jpg

2. Pictures?
    Besides the timer...
    Anyway, a tiny seedling isn't going to use much water. Certainly not 15 mins worth every 3 hours. No matter how much you throttle it down. 
    Don't be lazy at this point. Check on it at least twice a day, and mist it with water if it starts to dry out. The RW only needs to be moist. Never drenched with water once a seed/sprout is in it.

3. Im not saying the seedling is going to use a bunch of water, its for the sake of it drying out. Still my first time in hydro and im not sure as to how fast a RW cube will dry out. Thats what im sketchy about im not worried about the little thing having water, thats the easy part, its knowing when the RW is getting to dry ya know?

4. Oh, I know...
    It ain't so much to stress about, man. Just do like I said. All you need to do is keep it moist. Put a dome over it, if you're worried about it drying up too fast.

5. Well its already in my netpot kinda hard to put a dome over it, i just want it to root straight away down into my Res

6. But i am just hand watering it and honestly, it takes just a tiny bit of water, that im retrieving from my res to pour over it. And so far it seems that the RW wont dry out for at least 10hrs. I gently ever so gently poked the surface throughout this day and it seems to be nice and cool and still moist when i touch it, leaving some water on my finger everytime.

7. A clear solo cup makes for a great little dome. 
    As long as it's moist and never soggy wet, you'll be golden.