Im stupid, please help me

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sirjordan186, May 23, 2015.

1. i was a dumb ass and forgot to take off the blue plastic off my reflector. some of it melted to the reflector. Any ideas on getting it off?

2. Razor blade + good old fashioned elbow grease.

3. Powerwash the shit out of it.

4. Ouch.... Power wash, then razor blade. Maybe an alcohol solvent?

5. Its just a gull wing reflector, but it has LOTS of texture. still think razor?

6. Thats an idea, but there are bits that has been 100% melted to the reflector. think acetone or rubbing alcohol would do anything? Maybe paint thinner i guess.... was pretty high and excited to start growning x.x

7. Get some of those blue SOS pads and go to town, I swear that shit takes a layer off the metal when I clean my sink.

8. Acetone to dissolve it.

9. if you're stupid, then there is no help for you. but hey, feel free to join the stupid party along with all of us [​IMG]

jokes aside, take it to an auto shop with a sand blaster. not sure what if anything that will do to the texture of the reflector. might work if they have an easy touch if you know what i mean. i know they make small sand blasters like from hobby shops and stuff. also arts and craft people who do etching will use a hand held sand blaster like tool to work and sand away rocks. 

probably gonna have to replace it. 

10. See normally i have that around for cleaning like this. Just wasnt sure if that would be strong enough to get this off.

11. post a pic to see how bad. I would use it with a green scrub pad. But yet it might dull the reflection. The only thing I can think of is finding a stronger solvent and a rag. A lot better then spending more on a hood.

12. #13 Sirjordan186, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    CameraZOOM-20150523094123301.jpg
    The light part is just stuck on pretty good, the black stuff is what i really wanna clean

13. it has no paint? So I would submerge it in some solvent, then scrub it off with a terry cloth. If it for some reason dulls, a metal polish to make it shine(avoid leaving residue).

14. I'd just buy a new reflector.  Those ones are like $12, probably less because it's not wired.

15. there is a small amount of paint on the metal mounting bracket, but i can work with that. terry cloth is a better idea to not scuff it

well the whole reason for this is because im taking my grow down, and when i get the reflector down.... yeah

16. ghetto modify it with foil [​IMG]

17. Hardware store and get super fine steel wool it won't scratch the metal too bad or use a white scuff pad it won't scrath up the metal at all but will take more elbow grease.

18. Ok so i found a little acetone my girlfriend stole from me, and thats working to get off the parts of blue plastic that wasnt melted. But the darker bits dont seem to be lessening. although im just pouring some on, then wiping with a paper towel for now