One seed, 2(almost 3)seedlings. [ANY INFO IS WELCOME]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Blunt_Freeman, May 22, 2015.

1. #1 Blunt_Freeman, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    EDIT: I just realized I posted in the medical marijuana section, feel free to move this to the correct section!   My apologies. 

Hey all, so my first time growing at all is outdoors in a very top-secret, secluded location somewhere in the vicinity of my house house, I had about 5 seeds I got from a friend, only 1 was solid and golden to work with...so I started to germinate it, at first I put it in the ground in my backyard then after a few days I moved it into a bag with damp paper towels, which took almost a full week just to see the germination process complete...so needless to say I had thought my seed was some sort of mentally-challenged plant (although that just makes me want to love and care for it 1000x fold).  After about a week of germination, I finally planted her...it's been almost a month since I planted her and she's still a seedling, a strong strong seedling, big leaves, growing about 5-7 inches tall at the moment.

However....there are TWO seedlings next to my stronger first plant, the second seedling is only an inch or two shorter, but looks healthyish.  However, there's a small bitemark on one of the leaves on the smaller seedling...which makes me nervous (could this affect my other larger/main seedling?) and then, next to the smaller seedling there is almost TINY baby seedling...just starting to sprout and form cotyledons. 

I am VERY sorry I do not have a picture as I cannot upload my phone pics to my computer without my original cord and I dont have it.  Both seedlings look green as hell and healthy tho.

I am nervous because 1) I have done nothing to the soil except rid it of any impurities (leaves, rocks, etc) and obviously water it.  I honestly want to let them all grow out but I have not found any pictures of similar "double plants" and so I dont know if its risky or not..

Thank you all for reading and if you're still gonna help even tho I couldn't give a picture then I love you.  

<3

2. Twins occur sometimes, just like with people. Citrus seeds can do this, too. If they both look healthy just let them grow! If you try to separate them, you are likely to kill one or both. [​IMG] Since they are twins, they will grow in the same pot without "fighting".

Plants Know Their Relatives - And Like Them!     http://www.wired.com/2009/10/plant-siblings/

Granny

That sounds really interesting wow they recongize other plants?  I've heard its not really a separate "plant" more like a flower growing out of the main stronger/larger one?

4. #4 Storm Crow, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    From what I understand it is basically like when a woman has identical twins- a single celled embryo, instead of just cleaving into two cells of a single organism, splits completely and becomes two genetically identical individuals. Run an image search on "twin seedlings" - it happens in several kinds of plants.

Since the plants are genetically identical, they won't "fight". When I am planting clones in the rubbermaid tubs I use, I usually don't mix types. The few times I have mixed varieties, one would dominate the other and the weak one was hardly worth harvesting. I do mix seedlings from the same strain- it usually works out OK.

Wow, thanks so much for helpful info.  I do want to leave the twin plant connected then for sure, however I am going to move the plant into an inside environment shortly after the veg stage begins (so it's nice and strong and hardy resistant to shock/etc) and I hope its not risky to do so with a twin connected to the main one.  Also, going back to the damaged little one, there is a bitemark on it, however that was 2 days ago and it appears to have grown stronger and the bitemark grew smaller it looks like...is it really shaking off a bitemark like it's nothing? Or is something happening and I should remove it from the main stem to prevent spread of damage?

6. The bite didn't get smaller, the leaf grew! Just leave it, it's fine.

Alrighty, thank you so much for helpful replies :)  hopefully it's a female....a strong one.