Why Is This Making Me Sad......?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Sweet Lady Jane, May 22, 2015.

1. So my ex husband (and baby daddy)  Just told me that he and his girlfriend are expecting. He wanted me to hear it from him instead of our son, whom he will be telling in a few weeks. I am so sad about it. I do not want him back, the divorce was my idea in the first place. But I cant stop crying. Anyone out there go through something similar???

2. Are you happy with how your life is right now?  Like truly happy and not fronting?

If not, I could see this bothering you.  He is moving on with his life, completely.  That can be scary..

3. Expecting what?

4. A child.

5. Damn I was way off.

In that case what you said makes the most sense.

6. So you divorced your baby daddy and now it's making you upset that he's moving on and happy? I'm confused on what OP is expecting from this thread, sympathy?

Never in my life have I met a female that can handle the repercussions of their actions. My ex said she hated me and told me how pathetic I was and left, I moved on and what do you know a couple weeks later she's calling crying how she needs me and blah blah blah. Sorry I don't have time for those mind games and stupid drama, hung up and blocked number.

Don't be that girl op, you've made your choice, suck it up and let him try and be happy. Especially if yall have a kid together, there shouldn't be any bitterness between yall for your sons sake.

7. Never in your life huh? You're a piece of excrement. Unless you hate your own mom. See what I did there? So change your post please.

8. ^ALERT! ALERT! WHITE KNIGHT DETECTED!

9. I love my mother to death, but she's done some very questionable things in her life. I'm just saying in my personal experience and observations there are certain women that don't know what they want and sometimes drag people down with them.

I talked to my mom about it a little last night and I think i have sorted out my feelings a bit. I am incredibly happy he has moved on, He has been with his current girlfriend for about 4 months, and she treats him very well. The last couple he had were awful to him.

The crying has alot of different factors. The biggest one being My sons sibling isnt mine. I know that seems selfish, but it wasnt something I thought about yet. My ex and I have been split for about a year. Another thing that was making me sad (again it makes me sound selfish but its the truth) I wanted to experience that with my son first. The sibling. AND then there is the whole IDK if Im ever going to have another baby. THAT was the one that was weighing on me the most. My current BF is awesome. I love him alot, weve been together for about a year, but he doesnt think he wants to have kids down the line. I guess the idea of never having another one hit me HARD when he told me.

And on top of it all, its weird that my ex is going to have a baby I wont know. We are still on GREAT terms, we talk on the phone at least once a week, when we drop off The Dude for custody switch we usually hang out a little bit. We were together for 10 years, and we still have a solid friendship, BUT this particular GF of his does not like that at all. So i know I wont be able to know the kid.

Yeah I am happy with my life right now. I feel liberated. The relationship my ex and I had wasnt a horrible one, there are definitely parts of it I have missed, BUT it stunted me as a person, and I was never allowed ot be who I truly am. I dont miss it at all. 

However, Im not sure If i will have another child myself. The man I am with now is awesome. He is what I was looking for when I was younger and settled....(got married at 18). BUT he isnt sure if he wants to have kids. THis bothers me a little bit because of the finality of it. I have my little boy and hes amazing, and im not sure if I REALLY want another child, but being told NO is different than being told we'll see. 

I talked to my mom and her wife about it, because they have both been there before, and they told me they cried too when it happened, it made me feel a little bit better and less crazy. 

Also waking up this morning I have less sadness about it. Im young, and i have ALOT of time to have another kid, i dont have to be sad about it now, i should be excited children are a blessing and my son is going to be a big brother.

12. Call me crazy but I think your fronting, you're not as happy as you claimed.

13. Stop saying baby daddy, it sounds fucking stupid.

14. OH SHIT WE HAVE a HERO

15. This reminds me of the Marc Maron bit about his first wife having a baby and his first thought was "so that's your move? Spite baby. She had a baby at me."

16. You love that man right? You can't forget himself from you mind. And of course you're crying remembering those days.

17. Fight for your family! F*** what you think, your child needs to be priority no 1. A child needs both parents. 

18. OP sleep in the bed you have made. 

19. You're exaxtly right. Both love and affection can bring a child mental satisfaction.