Question about MMJ legality while traveling.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by challender1, May 22, 2015.

1. Hello --
    I am planning to travel with a family member who uses mmj for pain.  She had complications from a surgery that damaged the spine.  She's mostly recovered, but still uses a MMJ topical, and RSO at night.

We're going to be traveling to a family gathering.  And will pass through about 50 miles of Idaho, and then Montana, and on to South Dakota.  Our papers are for Washington. 

I know Idaho and South Dakota has not legalized any kind of MMJ use.  She thinks she can do without for 2 weeks, but I'd hate to do that to her.  How much trouble can we get into if we only took, say, the topical?  It's only for external use. 

Also -- can we buy it in Montana on the way back with our Washington papers?  Because we plan to run out before we hit South Dakota (we'll be there for several days), and it's definitely not legal there.  But we'd like to have some for her on the way back.

Thanks. 

And ya know?  JUST WISH THEY DECRIMINALIZE IT FOR THE ENTIRE NATION.  I'm so glad I live in Washington.

2. #2 ICGreen, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  3. #3 ajroxit, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    flying or driving?

if your driving i would just go for it. take a concentrate like wax and use a pen vape to meter out the dose she wants. i love my pen vape when i am on the move. i puff on it everywhere. in stores, restaurants, up and down the street. it looks just like an e-cig contraption so that no one ever hassles me. go buy a 2 dollar bottle of iso alcohol and you can clean it any time you want. i just break it down and pop the heating chamber and the mouth piece in to a mason jar and add the iso alcohol. let it sit for 10 mins or so and it is clean. blow it off and out as best you can. use Qtips to clean the gunk out of corners and out from under and in the heating area. easy peasy nice and squeezy  [​IMG]

i feel that those who smoke ganja and know what a pen vape for wax is will not bust you. they are stoners right? hell i offer if people ask me about it. those who don't smoke ganja or don't know what wax is wont have any clue as to what you are doing and assume you are smoking an e-cig deal or something. i have been caught twice smoking on it. both times by stoners. one of them my wife was driving and i was in traffic. this dude was saying, quite loudly, "weed police, your busted bro" and laughing. that was kind of a bust. the other time was an older dude who asked what i was doing. i said "i think you know what i am doing, want to hit it"? he did. he was a disabled vet like me and it was my ball cap that brought him over to me in the first place. 

if you are flying though, forget about trying to take anything. it would be a disaster trust me. just forget it and do it legal. it involves calling a doctor in a medical state near where you will be staying. get your card there. it costs several hundred dollars to do so but then you have a way of getting it there again. i have my card for Nevada and Californian. my wife and i are planning on cruising the U.S. in the near future. when we do i will be getting me card in as many places as i can lol! ya i know it is several hundred bucks a pop but for me it isn't so bad.

i really really suggest you go about it legally if possible. or maybe a blade on the forum can help you out. i just helped out a blade from this forum a few days ago and other times before that. so yeah, it happens and it more then helps to have a medical card from another state. it gives other legal users like myself the extra measure of safety and responsibility. not that it ever stopped me from helping another blade out. but others might you know?

i don't recommend a long break and a road trip all in one. if medical marijuana is a major source of pain relief then she is asking for it. i went to Minnesota last year and went with out anything for 6 days. it wasn't impossible but it sure did suck a bunch of dicks lemme tell ya. i had other doctor prescribed meds that i take that helped but i myself rely on medical marijuana to deal with a major part of the pain and the associated anxiety involved with it. i need it to sleep and to eat enough to keep my weight up. there is no way in hell i would or even could go 2 weeks without it. for me it does play a major role on how i survive on a daily basis. so no, no way would i be able to do it. your friend might but 2 weeks is pushing it. it makes me anxious just thinking about it lol!

edit:
    i got to stop getting so high and posting novels...... lolercide...

4. Be careful when you're driving across BLM or National Forest/Park land.  Even in medical states it is still a federal offense on federal property.

5. How much space would the Mj stuff use up? If you get pulled over, theres no reason for your car to get searched as long as it doesnt stink. u being paranoid