Helix Tricon Beaker Rig - Helix Signature Series

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by errlhead, May 22, 2015.

1. helix beaker rig from boxfan's helix signature series, killer quality all american made glass.... it's so nice to see fresh helix designs, especially for oil plus you already know boxfan does it right, dude's a veteran in the american glass game.... he be killin' it with this piece, donut splash guard and helix mouthpiece.... this shit is fresh!
    [​IMG]

2. Its a looker ain't she? 

I can't stop looking at the helix stuff over the last few days actually. Grav-labs make some incredible pieces with Helix.

Check this out - http://www.grav.com/product/turbine/  
    and look at the 420 review on youtube of it....mental stuff.

3. If I remember correctly didn't the helix pipes get split into two different brands? I remember reading about it a while back. That Grav started outsourcing a lot of its cheaper stuff to China to make for them. A buncha stuff took place yada yada and now there's two different Helix brands. One being American made by the original guy and the other from Grav. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read a bunch about that quite some time ago.

Yeah Grav Helix pipes are total knock-offs made in China.... Boxfan is the original designer of the Helix pipes and he still makes them under the name of "American Helix" or "Helix Signature Series." From my understanding, what you're saying is right, they had a partnership at one time but Boxfan wasn't down for importing shitty China glass. If you've ever used a Grav Helix and a Boxfan Helix, you can totally tell the difference. The American Helix pipes are made perfectly.... I bought a Grav Helix Multi and the joints were shit, they didn't fit right and I had to carb one of the air intake holes (in addition to the actual carb) just to get a good draw.... you'll never have that problem with Boxfan's Helix Signature Series pipes. Plus dude's got a bad ass line of Helix products.... he still uses some of his original designs like the Classic Helix and Helix Chillum but there are so many more great products in his line.... some of them, like the zencalmo are worked so they have a more unique, heady aspect to them.

It sucks that Grav is undercutting him by selling imported glass at lower prices when dude's just trying to do it right with quality american made glass tubing.... plus they are his designs so he really got screwed. After using Boxfan's Helix, I will never buy another Grav Helix again, the difference in quality is crazy.

[​IMG]

5. Damn those look hella sick.