Drying and cure in general ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1stone1, May 22, 2015.

1. Do you have any photos? Here's a few of my current grow Im about 7 weeks in flower. I've got 4 plants under 400watt HPS in soil. I vegged for about 2 months before I flipped.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434233328.392851.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434233350.037473.jpg

2. A few pictures, almost 3 weeks into flower.C0uld not find a coke can but a beer can was readily available.

Attached Files:

3. I've got purple paralysis iced grapefruit super skunk and green love potion. I don't really remove fan leaves unless they are dying I did do some lollipopping though. When they are this far along they are pretty stretched out and it looks like there is less fan leaves but really they are just all spread out. The way I think about it is the leaves are the food source so if they are healthy why take away a food source? That's just me though other growers like to remove some. It's personal preference. I haven't experimented to know if it makes a real difference or not.

Those are coming along real nice man. I'm finding out more and more patients is the key. And damn is it hard to be patient some times.

4. Thanks for the response and advice, trichomes are all over the place now. Hopefully they start to Amber soon, where I'm using cfl lighting should I be harvesting from the top as the tricromes change colour and work my way down the plants or whould this be too much stress on the girls?

5. I'm finding out it take pretty long for them to turn amber. I am about 60 days in flower now and I swear there is only about 5% amber on two of my girls. I just harvested my green love potion last weekend. I trimmed her up a bit today. Here's a couple pics. This is one of the four plants I have currently.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435181163.947029.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435181199.381866.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435181257.680581.jpg

6. <br abp="1151">
    Is the first picture the yield from one plant? Looks Good!!! On my plants the white pistols are starting to turn reddish brown but the trichromes are still 100% clear?

7. Here is a picture of the color change.

Attached Files:

8. Yeah that was the yield from green love potion I think I pulled her to early but whatever. Live and learn. The pistils will do that. It's nothing to worry about or anything. They will change colors for a number of different reasons. It doesn't mean it's ready. You can actually touch the pistils and they can change color in a few days from you touching them. I still see clear trichs on my girls. They seem to always be putting out new ones but I just look for the average. I'm apparently pretty bad at spotting the trichs but I'm learning and getting better. I'm just going to start letting my planta go for like a week or two past when I think they are done

9. A
    Again thanks for the reply and advice. When you said you harvested to soon did you mean you harvested when the thricomes were still clear? Really new to this but if so how was the smoke? From what I read the trics should be at least 50% amber for the smoke to be good but as the plant continues to flower where do you look for the amber thricromes?
    <br abp="368">

Attached Files:

10. Yeah the trichs were still a little clear. I mean there is cloudy ones but not really amber. I have a hard time spotting them. Which could be because I haven't let them go long enough. The smoke is still very good and will be great after a good cure. Everyone still loves my buds. As Im sure you know the plants are always putting out new trichs so to find the amber ones I look for a piece of bud that I know has been there for a while and look there. For example find a nug and check the same spot everytime. Don't just look at the top of the cola but also midway down it and even inside the bud if you can carefully bend it open. But be careful you can break off parts of the buds. Ideally I would harvest at 20% Amber and 80% cloudy but I enjoy more of a head high than a couch lock stone. It's all about what you're looking for.

11. Thanks, they have been flowering for 50 days now, which is the flowering time listed on the site I got the seeds. I still cannot see any change in the trichs but the two plants that are a week older the pistols are almost all brown and turned in but the younger plants are not, even thought they started to flower same time. The first picture is the younger plant, do they look ready?<br abp="364">

Attached Files:

12. I'd give them more time, like at least 48 more hours.

13. Put them in pure darkness for 48 hours then harvest u will see a nice increase in resin on leafs and buds swell a little more

14. those plants don't look done at all. never go buy what a website says for a strain. each plant is done at a different time, even if they are from the same strain. flower time begins at flip to 12/12 not when buds start forming.

15. Thanks for the input, can you tell me why they don't look done at all?

16. in the first pic there are still a ton of white pistils. i know everybody and their brother goes by trichomes, but i like to take into account the pistils as well as the trichomes when determining when a plant is done. in the second pic the plant is a lot closer to finish. don't know if its the same plant or not but i see a lot more recessed pistils.

17. Thanks for the reply and info, I think you missed where I said the plants in the pictures were a week apart in the vegetative stage but started to flower same time and that the first picture was the youngest one. Again thanks for the advice on the second picture as I just harvested the two older plants, trimming is a major pain. There seems to be just as many sugar leaves as there are buds, not to mention the pile of fan leaves. I put the smaller buds on a screen and hung the colas, am I dong right? Here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

18. Just saw this on FB ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437970752.502510.jpg

19. looks good! you should grab a couple hygrometers so you can monitor the relative humidity in the jars.