Will this setup be effective?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 303inthe503, May 22, 2015.

1. #1 303inthe503, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Hi,
    \nI've recently begun to think about starting my first grow as a sort of personal project/way to become self sustaining. I've got a budget of >$250 and have done a bit of research into what I think would be an ok setup.
    \nMy aim is to grow 2-3 plants (most likely 2) at a time with no separate flower/veg places. I'll be doing the growing in an apartment and I'd like to be discreet, so I've decided that cfl/t5 might be the way to go (don't think I'm ready for the heat hassle of HPS). Here's what I'm thinking:
    \n-Grow in a 2'8" x 2'8" x 5' grow tent 
    \n-Use on 2' 4-bulb T5 light for vegging, switching bulbs to 2700k for flowering (http://www.amazon.co...=high output t5)
    \n-Add 4-6 more 23w CFL bulbs on the ground for flowering for more light permeation.
    \n-Utilize 6" fan and (inexpensive) carbon filter, this is mainly for smell
    \nOverall I'd just like to hear some opinions on this idea. I'm not really looking to do anything bigger than a couple plants for personal use.

2. Absolutely that will work.I grow mainly under T-5's.make sure you have plenty of air exchange.Also you might want to try some fem auto flowers .run mine on 24/0 ,couple good strains are sweet cheese auto that one is 60 days from seed to harvest or auto kush Ryder 75-80 days. Are you going in dirt?what feed are you thinking?

3. Im doing my first grow with feminized seeds, but the way you described those autos sounds so appealing now, where you can easily try new strains since you're harvesting so often.