MT Stealth Scrogs a Solo Photo BF Blue Cheese

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MonkeyTime, May 21, 2015.

1. In hydro I do the last week, dirt I don't know....

2. Been busy with life and making changes to the tent. This one seems to have gotten away from me. Not enough defoliation, seems I might have vegged a bit too long and she is just taking off now. We have the start of flowers she's looking good, other than getting moved around and banged up some over the last few.

We're now in a 4'x4' Secret Jardin Dark Room Twin (DRT120) and no longer scroggin it. I've got her LST'd half decent and will clean that up tonight along with a few rom mods and get some pics up.

I've also got two 144x5 reflector Mars-Hydro LED's on order because she's bigger than my poor little lights can handle. They should be here in the next week. By then everything should be in place. I'm also picking up a dehumidifier to get that under control. 

I'm looking at a small peltier model to get it back down aroudn 50%, even with my extraction running slow 24/7 we're only down to 65% this morning. Have considered just getting a full sized standard one, but don't want to add the heat to the tent, we've already got the chiller in there creating heat for us.  Temps have been fine and maybe just a bit low around 70F/21.C.

More tonight with pictures after a rez change.

Healthy green all,

MT

3. I'd opt for a regular dehumidifier. It'll be handy later on. Peltier isn't all that efficient, and will generate it's own heat too.
    Plumb your chiller to outside the tent, if possible. 

4. I don't have the room for the chiller outside anymore, I packed this tent into every inch I have lol, it was previously.

I ordered a small peltier one to try but picked out a small standard one to pick up this afternoon.

Heat hasn't been an issue, but I'm tripling my light wattage so I'm considerate of it.....

5. Understandable. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

6. Ok, looking for some opinions out there.

I added a small 30pt dehumidifier to the tent, keeping the RH about 45-50%. Tonight I found a full tank and the alarm going off and RH about 55%, so it wasn't full too long. 

The problem comes in with the PH and EC. PH dropped to 5.8 (from 6.35) and EC shot thru the roof (literally off the scale of my BlueLab Truncheon). 

I understand that those conditions (falling ph/rising EC) usually mean over feeding, but what affect does the dehumidifier play on it? Could it be evaporating water from the rez and causing part or all of this? 

It has been humid so I could see some extra water being pulled from the air and the unit filling up faster, but she filled up in about 1-1/2 days. She had been drinking about 2-3L a day and today she took about 4L, so more, but not drastically more. Tonight I filled her up with 1/4 tap water and 3/4 RO to drop that EC down.

Guess I'm looking for some history from any of you using dehumidifiers on what you've experienced. I don't want to over react on this one. 

She looks healthy, good color, no real issues besides just a little touch or start of possible heat stress while I was setting up the new tent, she's leveled off since then. 

Last Thursday before rez change - you can see a bit of curling on the leaves from the heat, lower leaves show color pretty accurately.

20150604_172015ss.jpg

Yesterday under the disco lights, curl is gone, she's growing steady......

20150607_110525.jpg

Thanks in advance as always,

MT

7. No i seriously doubt the humidity increase by 10 percent effected it like that,,, it could be from stress it just didnt eat for a night or a day and only took in water, making it more concentrated raising tds and leaving nutes that lower ph,,, my take,,lol

8. I like your version useemee, but I'm not buying it lol!

She's a picture of health and been chugging along so nice for me.....Go figure

9. Dehumidifier,,,my bad bro,,lol,, maybe over watered from too much humidity increase , freaking out the plant causing leafs to curl under ,, taking too much water in the res and leafs,,, that would cause no nutrient uptake and only water,,, obviously in large amounts causing all this,,lol

10. But im simply throughing out ideas

11. total weight for Monkey on the deep cheese was 214 grams..7.6oz  i have to say holy shit in a little closet lol

12. It was two separate grows, the space was about 18"x 14" x 4' and I LST'd the crap out of them to get it.
    uploadfromtaptalk1433846656972.jpg

Here's a pic of the most recent, she ended up literally all bud, and that's without any defoliation

13. Whats wrong with it?lol

14. looks fantastic..how much did it weigh ? and witch strain

15. And why did it it grow like tht

16. Nothing from my perspective, it's all bud!

Thanks! That was just under 3.5oz. Emerald Triangle - auto fem Lemon Haze.

I have no idea, but it was easy to trim/jar!

17. i bet,,, lol,ive never seen anything like it,,, one giant nug

18. Ok party people, finally doing a full update!

Day 31 - Bloom

Rez change day, she's still at 1/2 strength vs. bottle directions, puts everything about 1.5ec and 6.2ph.

She's loving the new lights so far, will give her one more day and then start lowering them if I don't see any negative signs.

She's drinking about 3-4L a day and for the last few days before the change, been adding plain water. Not sure what made her spike this last week, but she shows no ill signs from it and it's stayed pretty flat, so we'll keep an eye on it and chalk it up to gremlins.

Dehumidifier still pulling almost 24L a day out of the air leaving it about 80F/26.7C and about 43% RH. 

She was slow thru veg and early bloom because of all my horsing about and changing to the tent, but she's picking up fine now and looks none the worse other than the leaf damage from moving around. 

This first one is for Beefy, I know how much you luv your LED's and the pics they create!

20150611_092059.jpg

Baby budage

20150611_092208.jpg     

Healthy green all,

MT

19. Allrightallrightallright,

Day 39 Bloom

Did a rez change tonight and was gone for almost two days before that. She paid me back by drinking the crap out of her rez and sending some of her remaining fan leaves to brown.  Serves me right.

Temps and humidity have been pretty consistent, 80F/26.7 and 55%. A bit higher than I'd prefer, I'm hoping the loss of some more fan leaves will drop her to 50%. I had it a lot lower earlier with a dehumidifier in the tent, but the heat exhaust from that was driving temps up too much so it was replaced with a portable air conditioner. It exhausts the hot air, so temps are anything I want now, and keeps RH pretty stable and has a dehum cycle as well, but nothing like a dedicated unit.

Rez change was at 1.5ec and 6.2ph.

a couple of roots trying to get out my level tube.....

20150619_162903.jpg

full frontal

20150619_171452.jpg

close up of a bud

20150619_171548.jpg

and looking down my girls shirt

20150619_172744.jpg

Hope all are well heading into this great weekend and an early Happy Fathers day out there to all of you!

Healthy green all,

MT

20. Looks great! Certainly happy and healthy in there. 

Have a great one yourself!